Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Did anyone else see the DR. Phil about the MOMS ....

Posted by   + Show Post

that hated their own kids? Where I live it was on yesterday(thurs,Nov.8th) 2 Mothers, actually had the bravery(?) to go on his show, and tell him they hate their children. They have told their daughters they hated them, they wished they would go away.

One mom's dd was 14 and autistic. I think part of her frustration was not knowing about Autism, but this mother also has major unresolved issues of her own. Yet, dad didn't step in, when the abuse was going on!Mom screams at this poor kid all the time, hits her and pushes her. This family, was given complete testing for the dd, for a proper diagnosis, and then the tools for the mom to be able to help her dd and deal with her, counseling for mom

Mom #2 actually tells her 10 yr old if she had a gun she would kill the dd then herself, and beats the child with a belt until the mom is out of breath. She tells the dd to run away and don't come back, and wishes someone would kidnap the dd. The maternal Gma has offered to let the grand daughter live with her, and the mom refuses! Mom doesn't see any of this as child abuse, and actually told Dr. Phil she has to raise a black child differently than a white child is raised.  Dr Phil asked her why she was there if she didn't think it was child abuse, and mom said, she didn't want to do something irreversible. when asked what that was, death? Mom said yes. Yet still doesn't see what she is doing as child abuse. She was offered counseling for her and her daughter.(mom said she didn't want to be a mother and realizes not all women are made to be moms but the kid is here now)

I don't usually watch this show, but I was in tears for both these kids!

planning a wedding

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:44 PM

How sad.

OliviasMommy611
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Mom 2 was bad. Makes me sick. I hope she is reported.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:51 AM

No, I don't watch that show.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:23 AM
no i do not watch Dr. phil but wow wow!
almostthere55
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:07 AM

It's on too early, I'm still at work.  But I am nauseous just hearing this story.  I'm surprised that they didn't handcuff Mom #2 and take her off to jail.  Or at least, not let the child go home with her.  Sad, sad.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM

See, I don't feel sorry for the moms there. There are other options. Put the children up for adoption. Put them in foster care. Take them to the police and say "I can't take it anymore, you take them, cause I can't be a parent."

OR just give them to family. There are always options other than abusing the children.

They should be taken to jail for that behavior. 

No, I don't watch that show. I don't watch any talk shows any more. They are mostly full of "who's da daddy" type shows. I feel that it's sad that the girls don't remember who they slept with because they sleep with so many different guys. Plus all the lying that comes out of their mouths.

brrmom81
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I seen it. I cried also. I was shocked. I have a 9 year old boy with adhd and tourettes. There are days when I feel I'm going crazy but I would never say I hated him.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM

how aweful! 

gr8d8n3mom
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Quoting brrmom81:

I seen it. I cried also. I was shocked. I have a 9 year old boy with adhd and tourettes. There are days when I feel I'm going crazy but I would never say I hated him.

Then for one mom to say she started to "hate" her daughter, when she realized the daughter wasn't "perfect"! I was thinking seriously? What's "perfect"? NO one is perfect! uugghhh!

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:22 PM
That is sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN