Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me spend $367!!

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 4:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
On the 16th I get $367!! I want to budget well and completely stock my shelves, fridge, and freezer! I would like to have a different, easy, healthy, home cooked meal every night! It is just me and DD. So I need 9 Breakfast, 9 lunch, 30 dinner, and 20 snack ideas for school and if possible a easy Thanksgiving dinner for us Lol I also feel I should let you know I don't cook very well either but I'm trying and learning. Thanks! Now let's get spending!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
thecoffeefairy
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Eggs
Flour
Milk
Potatoes
Carrots
Frozen veggies
Tomato paste, sauce and diced tomatoes- canned
Onions--
Hamburger
Bacon
With that you can make
Potato soup
Pasta with red sauce
Sheppard pie
Quiche
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM
You can do it. I used to spend $150-200 a month when it was just my son and I. For the most part we ate pretty healthy. It just requires a lot of planning and no random splurging at the store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Chili is really cheap and you can make one huge pot at once. Then after dinner the first night freeze the leftovers into a few new meals. Throw it in with pasta one night for chili mac to change it up a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Another one I enjoyed was baking up a bunch of chicken breasts at once. Do just baked chicken the first night. Then do quesadillas with some of the chicken shredded. I liked to try to do it this way because I would have a few nights of heavier cooking and then some light nights. It can be a pain in the ass to just cook for an adult and a child. We ate lots of dinner leftovers for lunch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM

A lot depends on what you like to eat.

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I would do weekly food shopping. Get your local sales ads and plan your meals from them.

alyssasmommy318
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Can't I don't have a vehicle so gotta do it all at once so i know i can last the month cause what if i cant get a ride next time

Quoting DixieFlower:

I would do weekly food shopping. Get your local sales ads and plan your meals from them.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)