Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

HOW on EARTH do u Mommas' do it?!

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a 4yr old boy (quite the handful!) And just had my DD 3 weeks ago! My DH just went back to work and I am struggling! Just today for example using bathroom for the first time in 3 days! (Tmi) and the damn neighbors dogs wake DD up (always barking damn dogs) I am stuck on potty she screaming, my DS then enters the scene demanding yogurt and taking my granola bar when Itell him to let mommy finish using potty. Then after nursing and putting DD down and DS eating Ijump in much needed shower and she wakes and screams again..... half washed and naked I am nursing again only to finish and wash DS and get him in bwd for nap... so 1230 rolls around and I finally shovel some left over dinner in my face bcuz I am so starving and drink my 3 hr old coffee..... six hours later havent eaten anything more or made dinner yet! Evwrytime I put Dd down she cries she wants me to hold her and only I will do.. feeling like I suck and frustrated
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Replies (31-34):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I am sorry mama! My dd will be two in May and baby #2 is due in June! My dh will be off with me in the hospital but thats all! My mom does not work anymore so I am willing to bet I will have help but I can only imagine how crazy it will be! I hope things get better and you get a routine going!

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you thought about using a baby carrier like a ring sling or a soft-structured carrier?

lillucky8
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM
It took me two months to feel like i was getting the hang of things. Just try and relax, do the best you can. Shower before dh goes to work or after he comes home, do not feel guilty for needing shower time! The kiddos will get into a schedule soon, for now just focus on making it thru the day! I have a two yr old and three month old so i know how hectic it can be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2BOYZnDad
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

This sounds like me when my boys were little.  Trust me, it gets better...just breathe.  It's okay for you to let her cry a little.  It's okay if the 4yr old gets a little crazy and eats something you don't want him to have right then.  If you are having trouble putting her down or getting her to calm, have you tried a baby sling to "wear" your little one while you go about other things?  It's comforting to a baby, being so close to you and you can be involved with your 4yo at the same time.  I promise it gets better...I got through it with my boys being the exact same distnce in age as your babies are.  You'll get there... maybe not freshly showered every day or even every other day, :) but it's okay...you just gotta tell yourself that its okay to be frustrated, it's okay to be overwhelmed and it's okay to ask for help.  Tell your hubby how it is for you...who knows, maybe you can get some "you" time at night when he gets home, to pamper yourself.  Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN