Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

HOW on EARTH do u Mommas' do it?!

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a 4yr old boy (quite the handful!) And just had my DD 3 weeks ago! My DH just went back to work and I am struggling! Just today for example using bathroom for the first time in 3 days! (Tmi) and the damn neighbors dogs wake DD up (always barking damn dogs) I am stuck on potty she screaming, my DS then enters the scene demanding yogurt and taking my granola bar when Itell him to let mommy finish using potty. Then after nursing and putting DD down and DS eating Ijump in much needed shower and she wakes and screams again..... half washed and naked I am nursing again only to finish and wash DS and get him in bwd for nap... so 1230 rolls around and I finally shovel some left over dinner in my face bcuz I am so starving and drink my 3 hr old coffee..... six hours later havent eaten anything more or made dinner yet! Evwrytime I put Dd down she cries she wants me to hold her and only I will do.. feeling like I suck and frustrated
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
rgba
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I don't know, but I am about to be in the same boat as you in 4 months :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NeverABreak
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM

=( That made me sad to think of you crying in the shower. It sounds like you've been through quite a bit of chaos.
Sending some hugs your way!

Quoting angie2568:

Just breathe mama!

As a single mom of 3 (14 yrs old-d, 8 yrs old-s & 4 yrs old-s) & 5 yr old German Shep mix. We just do what we need to do for our kids, believe me I get overwhelmed, but I try not to stress - I just do the short breathes, listen to alot of music and silent cries in the shower from time to time.

I clean up alone, do all this stuff alone, and I faced a major lay off 2009, worked only 6 mns temp since then, I saved prior tax returns each yr most 6k-10k per year.

But I know how it is. Here if you need to vent or talk. hugs

mommylove818
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Ahhh I'm about to go through that in 3months I have a 3.5 yrs old dd and soon to have my lil boy in February wow.. I'm not ready lol lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie2568
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Its okay.

I feel like life could be better but also it could be worse. Crying is just my way of venting, but I dont do it in front of others because I never want my kids to feel as if they did something wrong.

Ultimately I made choices that got them here, I would NEVER change the way my life has played out bc its made me who I am now. I guess I could change me always getting irritated bc they dont like to do homework and dont strive to make straight As only enough to do well. I could spend more time with them than doing housework constantly while they play in another room.

But I love them with all I am and just want them to be happy, healthy, educated and to know they are all so loved.

*I think moms in general get overwhelmed from time to time with or without a husband/boyfriend etc.

HAVE A BLESSED WEEK :)

Quoting NeverABreak:

=( That made me sad to think of you crying in the shower. It sounds like you've been through quite a bit of chaos.
Sending some hugs your way!

Quoting angie2568:

Just breathe mama!

As a single mom of 3 (14 yrs old-d, 8 yrs old-s & 4 yrs old-s) & 5 yr old German Shep mix. We just do what we need to do for our kids, believe me I get overwhelmed, but I try not to stress - I just do the short breathes, listen to alot of music and silent cries in the shower from time to time.

I clean up alone, do all this stuff alone, and I faced a major lay off 2009, worked only 6 mns temp since then, I saved prior tax returns each yr most 6k-10k per year.

But I know how it is. Here if you need to vent or talk. hugs

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM

You will be okay momma. It does get easier.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

it'll be frustrating for a while until you get the hang of it. when i had my dd i was also taking care of my 3 younger sisters, one of then still in diapers. it was tough going until i got a system down. just keep at it! good luck!

my4loves4
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

i feel your pain,my sons 3 and my DD is just a week. That sounds about how my days go! I just try and rember iitll be over soon and ill be wishing to have it back. We are moms, it gets hard, but our love for our children keeps us going!!!

jett286
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

It will get better.  Your DD will get into a routine and you'll figure it out.  It's hard mine were only 26 months apart and my husband worked a ton of hours...I thought I would go MAD...We survived...Don't have too high of expectations for your house/laundry/dinner etc.  Do what you need to do and you'll find your groove!  Thinking of you.  Now my boys are 16 and 18 and and my husband is disabled and seems to need me as soon as I sit down.  juggling

Jeanette

"Love is a fabric that never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the waters of adversity and grief". -- Anon.
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Take a deep breathe. 

You don't suck. 

Sorry you are feeling frustrated. It gets better, honestly it does. Through all of it though, try to remember to breathe, and to take care of yourself as well as your LOs. 

Chellie13
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM

It's only been three weeks (congrats btw!!)...give yourself some time to get into a routine.  You'll find it..   How much is your son included in helping take care of the baby?  Start now, let him do little things.  He's your helper, put him to work! :) 

Good luck momma! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)