Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW on EARTH do u Mommas' do it?!

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a 4yr old boy (quite the handful!) And just had my DD 3 weeks ago! My DH just went back to work and I am struggling! Just today for example using bathroom for the first time in 3 days! (Tmi) and the damn neighbors dogs wake DD up (always barking damn dogs) I am stuck on potty she screaming, my DS then enters the scene demanding yogurt and taking my granola bar when Itell him to let mommy finish using potty. Then after nursing and putting DD down and DS eating Ijump in much needed shower and she wakes and screams again..... half washed and naked I am nursing again only to finish and wash DS and get him in bwd for nap... so 1230 rolls around and I finally shovel some left over dinner in my face bcuz I am so starving and drink my 3 hr old coffee..... six hours later havent eaten anything more or made dinner yet! Evwrytime I put Dd down she cries she wants me to hold her and only I will do.. feeling like I suck and frustrated
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM
It gets easier. Breathe and just think: it WILL NOT last forever.
OneTiredMama86
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

We all have days like that. I am a single mom of three ages 8,4, and 3 and expecting my 4th. Sometimes a baby just has to cry too. Best suggestion I have is if you know its close to snack time for your DS then have that ready. Make it a game with him.... then do bathroom needs. I always took my infant into the bathroom with me so that way I could feed them if they woke up. Hang in there dear, it does seem to get easier.... or rather the issues change.... But soon enough they will be more independent and you will miss these days... 

GOOD LUCK!!!

AleaKat
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Mine are that that age difference.
It's hard in the beginning but once you are familiar with the new routine it all settles down.
Try to make a journal of babies nap and feelings and changes that way you can better anticipate a need
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I don't know....I had mine 18 months apart and the transition was easy for me.  It just sort of flowed.  But my newborn was the easiest peasiest baby ever.  (I had paid my dues with my first one who cried all the time.)  If he had been really fussy or wanting to be held every second, we couldn't have made the transition from one to two as easily.

1boy1girlmama
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Hang in there. My kids are 4 yrs apart as well, and DS was such a booger when she was born. It was rough. I don't think I left the house with the two of them on my own for at least a month. It does get easier though. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs...Big hugs...give yourself time...

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Baby wearing is what worked for me. It's about the only way I got things done.

momofsunshine77
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:49 PM

youget the hang of it. Schedules were a  blessing for me.  I have a now 3 1/2 year old and 2 year old.  My oldest DD was 21 months when my second dd was born.  It does get easier. 

hugs

magenta_purdy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Ur right! Today for the first time I had a hot cup of coffee and a piece of toast before lunch lol .... hooray for progress! My DS LOVES to help.... a little too much sometimes haha he wanted to give her some of his bday cake. Somedays better than others <3

Quoting Chellie13:

It's only been three weeks (congrats btw!!)...give yourself some time to get into a routine.  You'll find it..   How much is your son included in helping take care of the baby?  Start now, let him do little things.  He's your helper, put him to work! :) 

Good luck momma! 

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Hugs!  It's hard but you need a support system, family and/or friends, anyone to help both with physical help as well as emotional/spiritual help to life you up and encourage you.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)