Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DS is now 7 and some of his friends/classmates tell him Santa/ toothfairy isn't real(he just started loosing he teeth last year). Now this makes me mad cause I feel he should enjoy childhood and believe in all the fun stuff still while he can.I understand not everyone is blessed enough to have a good Christmas and my son knows that too so we count all of our blessings and on his Christmas list to Santa he has to help out one person that he knows. We sat down and I told him its just like the movies we watch as long as you really believe then Santa/toothfairy is real and just to tell the kids we believe in our house then stop talking about it. Now here is my question at what age do you think kids should really learn the truth? I was thinking 10 then we would just continue the part of helping out someone in need.
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Whenever my kid's figure it out on their own

sweetmissy_05
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

My DS is 9 and still believes.

eztwins
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

If you ask my dad never.  The words there is no santa or tooth fairy have never left his lips.  To this day, and I am 37, he will wait till everyone is asleep to put out the presents.  Now of course there are his grandkids but he feels you never reveal the magic.  He would just say "stop believing and see what happens."  As a small child it was enough to keep me guessing, then when I was older and did not believe I kept it quiet because I didn't know what would happen, then when I was a teenager I felt if it meant that much to him I would play along, and when I was adult I just thought it was kind of sweet and a little piece of my childhood  for a little while every year.  I plan on doing the same thing with my kids.  they won't hear it from me.  There is no harm in this.  I have never understood why parents feel there comes an age where you have to tell them.  we all figure it out on our own anyway.  If I can keep the magic alive I will. 

RLT2
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I will never admit that Santa isn't real, never. And no one can make me :)

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM
We have never and will never do Santa in our house. And they haven't lost any teeth yet but we won't be doing the tooth fairy either. We also don't do the Easter bunny.
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I was told he wasn't real in kindergarten by a bunch of highschoolers. :/
My son is almost 7 and still believes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Mine know but we still have fun with it...

NoraDun
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM

My kids will believe as long as they want. I dont think their has to be a cut off age. My children will probably believe longer then most because they are homeschooled, so they dont have to be around kids like you describe above!!

NoraDun
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM

WOW really?? Do your kids do anything fun for those holidays??

Quoting ambermario4ever:

We have never and will never do Santa in our house. And they haven't lost any teeth yet but we won't be doing the tooth fairy either. We also don't do the Easter bunny.

mammabear413
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM

my brothers kids were taught there was no santa they get 3 gifts and learn all about christmas, they are good n dont tell other kids.

i was like 10 11 when i stopped, just let them figure it oiut on their own .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)