Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you watch it on Thanksgiving?

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Quoting delanna6two:

Well, I hope you do get that day off....

Quoting MichelleMc:

Yeah we always do. Course I might be stuck working because people will die without their tv, LOL. Sadly we can't even get Christmas off :(

I put in for Thanksgiving "on time" but It was taken. I am on what we call the "waitlist". I am not holding my breathe. Christmas is already taken too. Sad because it is my sons last one home before he leaves for the Army. Hopefully though they do either advance time off, or what we call etop, where we don't get the call volume & allow us to sign off.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I hope one of those options will work out for you.....

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting delanna6two:

Well, I hope you do get that day off....

Quoting MichelleMc:

Yeah we always do. Course I might be stuck working because people will die without their tv, LOL. Sadly we can't even get Christmas off :(

I put in for Thanksgiving "on time" but It was taken. I am on what we call the "waitlist". I am not holding my breathe. Christmas is already taken too. Sad because it is my sons last one home before he leaves for the Army. Hopefully though they do either advance time off, or what we call etop, where we don't get the call volume & allow us to sign off.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I do. It's on my bucket list to attend some year.

MichelleMc
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Quoting delanna6two:

I hope one of those options will work out for you.....

Thanks!! Thanksgiving isn't so bad. He can come up here & watch parade with me. It won't be too busy, so can mute if I needed if I get a call. And dinner is at SIL's & not til 4.

Christmas is my big thing. I am hoping we get something to get out of it. If we call off, we pretty much get told we will be written up if we call off those days. So,  have to come, but hoping for one of the other options.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Every year! Can't wait! : )

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I used to watch it every year! We don't have cable so I won't get to see it this year though.

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Yes we do every year.

Chellie13
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course!! While the kids (and us) crack walnuts and begin the cooking for the day... Tradition!  Love it! :)

RunningMommaof2
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm going this year!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM

That's great!!!  Hope you have fun....exciting...you'll get to see it in person!!!

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I'm going this year!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)