Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Upset!!! States petition to leave the USA!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
"Since WND first reported that residents in the state of Louisiana were petitioning to secede from the U.S., residents in over 20 more states have filed requests with the White House to peaceably break from the union.

Furthermore, the Louisiana petition has topped 14,000 signatures, more than halfway to the threshold needed after which the White House has pledged to respond......."

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/now-many-states-want-to-secede-from-u-s/

Im from Texas last time i checked it was at 42,000 signatures!!!! Since november 9th!!
Y are people being this way!?
This will make things alot worst!!
( in my opinnion)
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leighp1
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this

I totally agree.  It definitely is teaching our children that if things don't go your way, then cry and complain until they do.  I am all for freedom, but when will people learn that we, as a nation, need to work together, not apart.  I am from one of the states that has joined in this quest. This is so not what I want my children to remember when they grow up.  I want them to remember Puerto Rico wanting to join the US and become a state.  Now that is history being made in the right direction.

MomTiara19
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I think if Romney supporters hate America that much just because Obama won they should be able to leave....but dont make it a state to state issue.Make this a individual issue.No need for a freakin civil war!!

We are not a divided America we are a United America.We really need to grow up and move forward.To me this is race baiting,shameful as well as disgusting and unconstitutional.

Get over it...Obama is our president.

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it's pretty cool!

Sonata8
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Wow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's ridiculous.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM
This is my first time hearing about this. What happened to the United part in United States?
Maks1mommy
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM
They're trying to scare the government. Nothing will come from this.
LMommy11
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM
This is ridiculous! I went to the website and pulled up Alabama's petition and people from other states are signing them for states they don't even live in! How can their signatures even be counted as part of said states? Not to mention how this makes our country look! If they are that happy ere the LEAVE!
ladodger
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Apparently there are quite a few that feel pretty strongly about this. Something could come from it. It very much interests me. I'm from Kansas & my state isn't on the list yet & I hadn't heard anything about it until today. But obviously there are people out there willing to stand up for what they believe. That is not a bad thing. It will so one of 2 things, separate us completely or make us stronger as a whole. This was a major election & a major turning point for this country. Unfortunately, I'm not sure people understand this very well.

Quoting Maks1mommy:

Maks1mommy
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong I deeply hope something will come of this. My states on the list and if they ask me to sign I most likely will, even if all it does is scare the national and state government then great. We shouldn't be afraid of them, they should be afraid of us. It has been backwards for too long. I believe that the citizens need to take some power back.

Quoting ladodger:

Apparently there are quite a few that feel pretty strongly about this. Something could come from it. It very much interests me. I'm from Kansas & my state isn't on the list yet & I hadn't heard anything about it until today. But obviously there are people out there willing to stand up for what they believe. That is not a bad thing. It will so one of 2 things, separate us completely or make us stronger as a whole. This was a major election & a major turning point for this country. Unfortunately, I'm not sure people understand this very well.

Quoting Maks1mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)