Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Food/Can Drives *piog

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

Do you donate? What foods do you donate?

We buy things that we eat and love and donate those items. I buy pasta, sauce, canned veggies, brownie mixes, cookies, hot cocoa, mac and cheese, pancake mix, maple syrup, soups, peanut butter, pudding, stuffing, ...

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I say if you are going to donate, donate something good. I used to volunteer at a food bank and we got SO much gross, old, expired food in. :(

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Exactly!

Quoting splatz:

I say if you are going to donate, donate something good. I used to volunteer at a food bank and we got SO much gross, old, expired food in. :(

OliviasMommy611
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I give money!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM

The school has a food drive. Then they take it to the food bank. I donated to that. Then the mail collects food too. I give to that.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Oh yeah that's right. I forgot the mail collects. Well if my dd's school doesn't collect than I'll wait for the mail carries to.

Quoting Janet:

The school has a food drive. Then they take it to the food bank. I donated to that. Then the mail collects food too. I give to that.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I just don't like to give too much to them, because they have to carry it back to their trucks.

Quoting goddess99:

Oh yeah that's right. I forgot the mail collects. Well if my dd's school doesn't collect than I'll wait for the mail carries to.

Quoting Janet:

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

We actually geta Christmas basket from our local Elks lodge every Christmas! They give Olivia clothes and gifts, all new. They also give us a gc to grocery shop and then a basket with sweets, meats and tons of canned goods. If there is anything we can or do not eat I will donate that and I donate pasta, cans, etc when we can afford it!

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  The school just had a drive and they sent out a list of what they wanted so we took the list to the store and bought just about everything they asked for.

lillucky8
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
We do thanksgiving baskets for some of my patients that need it. We donate all kinds of things to make them dinner for thanksgiving and otherwise

I also donate to the mailcarriers one and the boyscouts anytime they have one. I just go thru my cabinets and donate whatever i can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN