Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

question about napping

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

My dds - one is 3 12 and the other is 2 both take naps on a regular basis.  they will sleep anywhere from 1-4 hours in the afternoon. 

Whenever we go somewhere in the morning - and actually burning more energy than if we were at home--they will sleep in the car on the way home - be it 10 minutes to 1 hour.  When we get home - they will not sleep.  So even if they sleep for 10 minutes in the car on the way home they wont stay asleep when they normally slee\p a lot longer!!!! 

WHY???  I am at the point of only going somewhere AFTER they have had their naps. 

anyone have a clue or can help? 

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsunshine77
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:33 PM

BUMP!

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm Idk? The excitement of being home again lol?  My dd used to nap in the car all the time. A few times I would go for a ride just to extend it.

momofsunshine77
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:27 PM

BUMP!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

This seems to be common with some kids. So you might want to wait until after they have their naps a lot of people do. Unless you have to.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM
My kiddos have always been the same way. Its like those little cat naps are more than enough to keep them going!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM

My dd naps every once in a blue moon and she is one. I know we need a schedule here. But no advice sorry!

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM

My middle son was like that so I would drive around.  Get a coffee from starbucks drive-through and just drive for a while and relax, lol.  You gotta do what you gotta do.  I don't have any nappers any  more.  Well, my 3 yo will nap on occasion but nothing regularly.

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM

No idea. Mine do the same thing.

jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Cat naps restore energy too!!

mamaslove11
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

And there is nothing more soothing and relaxing to a small child/baby then a car ride.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Cat naps restore energy too!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN