Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you enjoy entertaining/ having people visit your home?

Posted by   + Show Post

Why or why not?

It seems like everyone I know loves having people over. I have always felt awkward/uncomfortable with people being over. My house is never feels clean enough (even if it is spotless). It is a huge relief for me when people go home. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with me, lol. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I feel the same way you do.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I also have the dog problem. We have crates. Or if it is nice they can go outside and play. We have a fenced in back yard,

Quoting goddess99:

I don't care to have people over either. We have a large dog who gets very excited so we have to put her in another room and I hate that.

mrskathleen
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:12 AM

NA , PPL COME IN UR HOUSE AND THEN GO HOME AND TALK ABOUT IT . THEY ALWAYS SPOT SOMETHING U MISSED AND ALTHOUGH IT DIDNT SEEM DIRTY AFTER THEY LEFT=U FIND AREALLY DIRTY MISSED SPOT AND THEY WANT TO HELP U WITHIT! I TELL THEM IF THEY WANT TO CRITIZE STAY THE HELL AWAY!!! AND I DONT APPRECIATE U LOOKING FOR  STUFF TO SAY ABOUT MY  HOUSE. DID U COME TO VISIT ME ARE OR U HERE FOR A SPOT INSPECTION? THE HOUSE IS OLD AND SOMETHING IS ALWAYS BROKE OR GETTING READY TO SELFDESTRUCT..MRSKATHLEEN

jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I'm the same as you OP, the whole scenario STRESSES me out, always a huge relief when everyone goes home.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM

lol she does want love but most people can't take the blow of a 80 pound dog running full speed at them lol

Quoting splatz:

Aww but she is soo cute! She just wants love too. :)
Quoting goddess99:

I don't care to have people over either. We have a large dog who gets very excited so we have to put her in another room and I hate that.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM

lol....I like people but hosting is not my favorite either....you're not alone....

Quoting splatz:

Why or why not?

It seems like everyone I know loves having people over. I have always felt awkward/uncomfortable with people being over. My house is never feels clean enough (even if it is spotless). It is a huge relief for me when people go home. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with me, lol. 

timefor2
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I actually prefer to go to someone else's house, but don't mind having friends/family here as well.

LOVES67
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Yes I love having people over..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Knightquester
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM

There are only a few people I don't mind coming to my home because their visit isn't about me entertaining them rather it's a visit and we're all relaxed enough around them, they around us that it's not forced, stressful or dull.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I think I probably wouldn't mind having people over as much if our house was bigger. We just have a couch & no other seating in the living room. So if we have guests over we have to sit on the floor while the guests get the couch. Or sit on kitchen chairs. I guess my home just isn't fit for entertaining. Oh well, works for me! 

Quoting timefor2:

I actually prefer to go to someone else's house, but don't mind having friends/family here as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN