Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you enjoy entertaining/ having people visit your home?

Posted by   + Show Post

Why or why not?

It seems like everyone I know loves having people over. I have always felt awkward/uncomfortable with people being over. My house is never feels clean enough (even if it is spotless). It is a huge relief for me when people go home. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with me, lol. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
MommeisQueen
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM

depends on who...some people know how to be good guests and some don't...if they are good guests then I love it.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I keep seeing people saying how they are looking forward to hosting Thanksgiving for their family. We are up to 27 (I think?) on my bf's side just including his parents, his siblings, and their children. Family gatherings at their houses stress me out. All those people in my house (even if it was huge) sounds the total opposite of fun!

Quoting delanna6two:

lol....I like people but hosting is not my favorite either....you're not alone....

Quoting splatz:

Why or why not?

It seems like everyone I know loves having people over. I have always felt awkward/uncomfortable with people being over. My house is never feels clean enough (even if it is spotless). It is a huge relief for me when people go home. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with me, lol. 

deadlights86
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:23 PM
I love to entertain but I hate having people in my house so I never entertain we're hosting thanksgiving this year I think I need an anxiety pill already.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM

You have a good point there. I think somewhere along the lines the bad guests ruined it for me. I had a friend who had 5 kids and didn't ever discipline them. They would seriously destroy my house in like 2 minutes flat. One time they even opened some of my sons Christmas presents. That was about the time I quit letting anyone come over, lol. 

Quoting MommeisQueen:

depends on who...some people know how to be good guests and some don't...if they are good guests then I love it.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Depends on who.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I've done it once during the holidays several years ago and it's just not my favorite thing to do either....

Quoting splatz:

I keep seeing people saying how they are looking forward to hosting Thanksgiving for their family. We are up to 27 (I think?) on my bf's side just including his parents, his siblings, and their children. Family gatherings at their houses stress me out. All those people in my house (even if it was huge) sounds the total opposite of fun!

Quoting delanna6two:

lol....I like people but hosting is not my favorite either....you're not alone....

Quoting splatz:

Why or why not?

softballmom86
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:53 PM
I love company. I'm a big cooker and we like to try new games. BEACH BALL is the company favorite right now :) The clean up is never fun but my daughter loves having friends and family over.. I feel like some of our best memories are here in our home laughing with family and friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sonata8
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
I don't enjoy it. Not really sure why.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
joyfulmom03
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Honestly, it's such a hassle.haha. I'm too busy with the kids to be able to have people over all the time. Unless its at night when kids r in bed I'm ok with it. Although I'm always exhausted at night. I'm kinda a loner though and enjoy my kids more than friends :) BUT when I get lonely I do miss talking to someone else other than hubby and mom or ill just wanna get out and have a fun night. Te next day though I'm so excited to be with my kids all day and not see anyone.

MomTiara19
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I love small get togethers.

Yet my home is nice for parties.I let my extrovert friends take over for those..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)