Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My boyfriend told me bad news... please read & help!! PLEASE!!!

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM
  • 49 Replies

So my boyfriend went to the Dr today; he got really bad news.  He just called me a few minutes ago telling me that his kidneys are going bad... Has anyone ever dated or has a friend or family member that has had this?? He's 22 years young.. He's telling me not to worry about it & that we'll get thrut his... He's like we can get a kidney transplant and stuff. I'm sooo worried... Any advice or anything that helped you?? I'm really extremely worried and I love him sooo much!! We have a whole future planned and I'm so scared of death of losing him... Please help me!!

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paradys
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:19 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emily_29706
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Did they say why his kidneys are going bad? My daughter has chronic kidney failure secondary to another diagnosis. Her kidney function is around 75% and she is fine. Prayers for you and your boyfriend.

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:12 PM
I'm sorry you're going through this. I have no.experience.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashley_mom09
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:15 PM

We are waiting for the 2nd tests... for the past 3 months or so... they've been hurting. the kidneys.

seraphimsong
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:18 PM
My grandmother had kidney failure. She had to go to dialysis several times a week and was going to get a transplant , but her heart was too weak ( she had heart problems all her life )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
themisycandy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:18 PM

My grandmother has chronic kidney failure. She has to be on these medicines but she is fine as well.. you also have to get the functoion of his kidneys and find out the options of treatment. also get another diagnoses from a different doctor and ask how bad it is.

ashley_mom09
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM

the dr is worried about it... so it worries me... :( I just want him to be ok!

timeforprogress
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:24 PM

The bright side is that with dialysis he can live a pretty normal life while he waits for a transplant. 

ashley_mom09
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM

that helps... I'm just stressing.. :(

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

It really just depends on what exactly is going on with the kidney's. My mom was hospitalized back in August for cellulits. They were giving her such a high dose of diuretics IV that it affected her kidney function. Her kidney function is now almost back up to where it was before she was hospitalized. I have a friend who has decreased kidney function for over a decade. They just keep an eye on it and he's done pretty good with it so far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)