Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My boyfriend told me bad news... please read & help!! PLEASE!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So my boyfriend went to the Dr today; he got really bad news.  He just called me a few minutes ago telling me that his kidneys are going bad... Has anyone ever dated or has a friend or family member that has had this?? He's 22 years young.. He's telling me not to worry about it & that we'll get thrut his... He's like we can get a kidney transplant and stuff. I'm sooo worried... Any advice or anything that helped you?? I'm really extremely worried and I love him sooo much!! We have a whole future planned and I'm so scared of death of losing him... Please help me!!

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
eleechick
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Good luck mama. I'm sorry to hear about the bad news

ashley_mom09
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Thanks :) I'm just so stressed... he said they think.. so hopefuly next wednesday the test will come back neg.

signingmama2915
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear that has to be hard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eve-marie
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:57 AM
2 moms liked this

What caused the kidney failure in this case should be determined. Genetics? Reaction to meds? A secondary complaint, like a complication of diabetes? That has a lot to do with if he can regain function. My grandmother had kidney failure but she was in her 80's and diabetic. I wish you guys all the best. Pray for a good life and the strength to face the future as it comes. Good luck.

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:04 AM
3 moms liked this

My son was born with a kidney disease that causes his kidneys not to function completely. The last tests showed both kidneys functioning around the 50% capacity and he lives a well, healthy life. Very active in sports, all over the place, happy. He's 11 now.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM

It depends on what is wrong with the kidneys. Did they actually say failure?

jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I'm sorry you and your bf hav to go through this, I hope you get betternews next week!!

mom_of_twingirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Bump.

mamaslove11
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I am sorry you tow have to deal with this at a young age and at the start of your lives together. But that is a good thing. You have a ge on your side he is young and I am assuming healthy 22 year old. So try to not worry too much though I know it is hard to do. The important thing is that you are getting all the test ran and are finding out as soon as possible what can be done. Just make sure he eats and drink healthy especially lots of water and would probably be best to stay away from anything with caffeine in it as I know that caffeine is hard on the kidneys.

im sorryhugsgood luck

LOVES67
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Sorry for what your going thru, ur in my thoughts and prayers..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)