Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

dont know if i love my hubby any more

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 11 Replies
I have been married for five years. We have a three year old and a two month old. Layout what ever I do, he complains about what ever I do. What ever I do is wrong. I'm so sick of him. He is an ok dad. But latly he does not help much and I feel like I am the only one who takes care of the kids. I don't want to leave because of the kids, but I don't know if I can stand it much longer.
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmattson
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Would it help if you talked to him about helping out more? My son is 8 months. I know after he was born I was so upset with my husband. I kept trying to tell myself it's the hormones and they need to balance back to normal. I was highly emotional and sensitive. I finally snapped on him one day crying my eyes out about he doesn't help me or listen to me and how I needed more attention. He actually listened to me and started being sweeter. Now I'm pregnant again and a part of me is afraid I'm going to go back to being annoyed by him when the baby is born. 

How long has this no love feeling been? Is it since your delivery or before? 

mayalove
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM
It's been since before I had the baby. It's been there for awhile now, I just try to hide it
itsblissmas
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Have you tried talking to him about this? Maybe there's a reason he's acting that way. Maybe he doesn't realize how it's affecting you. Hugs to you and I hope things get better soon.

WonderWomanSV
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Hiding your feelings will not make anything better. You really need to have a calm discussion about this and let him know how you feel. I know that sometimes this can blow up in your face and men can get really defensive, but not communicating will never fix the problem. If you don't want to leave then you need to try and fix it. If he cares about the relationship then he will take what you say to heart and work on it. If he doesn't try, then he doesn't care. From there you can decide how you want the relationship to go or not go. GL

Quoting mayalove:

It's been since before I had the baby. It's been there for awhile now, I just try to hide it

kaitybird
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Just for the record a marriage is a 2 way street.  From what I read you both are at fault.  You especially for not taking the time to sit down with and letting him know how you are feeling.  Marriage is something that 2 people have to work on constantly otherwise it will not work.  Staying together for the kids sake is a huge mistake.  If you 2 can't sit down and talk then maybe seek out a counselor!  By they way they are NOT taboo!  :)

I hope that you will be able to sit down and have a very in depth conversation and maybe go back to when you first met and why you fell in love and remember that and why you got married in the first place.  Communication seems to be one of the hardest in marriages to keep open.  

I hope that you are able to work things out and remember your why's in the first place.  Good luck to you.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I think this is fabulous advice and totally agree.

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

Hiding your feelings will not make anything better. You really need to have a calm discussion about this and let him know how you feel. I know that sometimes this can blow up in your face and men can get really defensive, but not communicating will never fix the problem. If you don't want to leave then you need to try and fix it. If he cares about the relationship then he will take what you say to heart and work on it. If he doesn't try, then he doesn't care. From there you can decide how you want the relationship to go or not go. GL

Quoting mayalove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

voice your concerns, my dh was like that when we hit about 5 years too.  i told him i needed his help and that i felt like a married single mom with a 25 year old, he stepped up and has been great the last 3 years.

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM

What have you done to try to fix the situation?  Do you tell your husband how you feel?  What is his response?

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs...hope you can work things out...

VisionSeeker
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

pretty much this.  Gotta talk to them.  Men often don't realize what their actions do or don't do to a relationship until you tell them.  

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

Quoting mayalove:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)