Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Poll

Question: Do you agree with it, or disagree?

Options:

I strongly agree

I strongly disagree

I am middle ways

I really don't care

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 163

View Results

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Ok, so a mom should be able to get married to her 18 yo daughter?  Two 40 yo brothers should be able to marry each other?

Quoting Sonata8:

Yes 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Any consenting adults?  

Quoting Sonata8:

I have no problem with it. It doesn't matter if I "agree" with it or not, consenting adults should be allowed to marry whoever they want without interference from the government.

Sonata8
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM

All non-related adults then? Really. Incest has nothing to do with homosexuality, which we are talking about. But, marrying your cousin is legal in some states and so is uncle/aunt marrying niece/nephew and step relations marrying (even stepparent to stepchild). Doesn't mean I agree with it. 
I feel the same way about polygamy.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Ok, so a mom should be able to get married to her 18 yo daughter?  Two 40 yo brothers should be able to marry each other?

Quoting Sonata8:

Yes 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Any consenting adults?  

Quoting Sonata8:

I have no problem with it. It doesn't matter if I "agree" with it or not, consenting adults should be allowed to marry whoever they want without interference from the government.

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Are you asking me if I'm "really" asking you if you meant what you said?  Yes, I am.  I didn't say that incest has to do with homosexuality.  I am merely pointing out that you do NOT mean what you said.  You do not agree that any consenting adult should be able to marry without government interference.  What it sounds like you really mean is that it's your opinion that the government should be able to redefine what marriage actually is, as long is it falls in line with your personal subjective beliefs.

Quoting Sonata8:

All non-related adults then? Really. Incest has nothing to do with homosexuality, which we are talking about. But, marrying your cousin is legal in some states and so is uncle/aunt marrying niece/nephew and step relations marrying (even stepparent to stepchild). Doesn't mean I agree with it. 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Sonata8:

Yes 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Any consenting adults?  

Quoting Sonata8:

hippiechik3
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Due to overpopulation I dont mind it. They can adopt children that need a loving family.

CrazyLife1996
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Agreed

Quoting Sonata8:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Vhx
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Why do children even factor into it? Marriage is about love. Children aren't a necessity to marriage or a family.

Quoting hippiechik3:

Due to overpopulation I dont mind it. They can adopt children that need a loving family.

redbutterfly666
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

love is love is love end of story, if they are adults and consent then leave them be

redbutterfly666
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

marriage was redefined when the abrahamic religions changed it

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Are you asking me if I'm "really" asking you if you meant what you said?  Yes, I am.  I didn't say that incest has to do with homosexuality.  I am merely pointing out that you do NOT mean what you said.  You do not agree that any consenting adult should be able to marry without government interference.  What it sounds like you really mean is that it's your opinion that the government should be able to redefine what marriage actually is, as long is it falls in line with your personal subjective beliefs.

Quoting Sonata8:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Sonata8:

Yes 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Any consenting adults?  

Quoting Sonata8:

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:44 AM

What do you believe the definition of marriage was before that time and who defined it, in your opinion?

Quoting redbutterfly666:

marriage was redefined when the abrahamic religions changed it

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree with it.

Marriage isn't just a religious thing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN