Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Poll

Question: Do you agree with it, or disagree?

Options:

I strongly agree

I strongly disagree

I am middle ways

I really don't care

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 163

View Results

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Replies (101-110):
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM

How do you know?  I asked Mrs.Miller the same thing and she clarified that she *did* think that a mother and daughter should be able to get married.  How do you know what someone else thinks?  Maybe she doesn't think so but that's not what she said.  She said "any consenting adult".  It shows the error of this line of thinking, even if you fail to recongize that fact.

Quoting lilcaesarsmama:

you know what lady? you have a poor attitude towards the subject. i think your reply is the most absurd i've read in awhile. of course she doesnt mean a mother and daughter should get married.
Quoting SlapItHigh:

Ok, so a mom should be able to get married to her 18 yo daughter?  Two 40 yo brothers should be able to marry each other?

Quoting Sonata8:

Yes 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Any consenting adults?  

Quoting Sonata8:

I have no problem with it. It doesn't matter if I "agree" with it or not, consenting adults should be allowed to marry whoever they want without interference from the government.

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM

And how would you know what someone else meant?  According to you it's "bizarre" and "reaching" to ask someone if x, y or z is included when they say that anyone should be able to do something.  Why is that?  I think that's quite telling!  And I will again point out that I asked Mrs.Miller the same thing and she agreed that this was what she meant -- that family members should be able to marry each other b/c who is she to tell anyone else what they can do.  At least her position makes more sense as it's more consistent.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Lol :) I know how bizarre. Obviously, that's not what she meant.

Quoting lilcaesarsmama:

you know what lady? you have a poor attitude towards the subject. i think your reply is the most absurd i've read in awhile. of course she doesnt mean a mother and daughter should get married.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Ok, so a mom should be able to get married to her 18 yo daughter?  Two 40 yo brothers should be able to marry each other?

Quoting Sonata8:

Yes 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Any consenting adults?  

Quoting Sonata8:

I have no problem with it. It doesn't matter if I "agree" with it or not, consenting adults should be allowed to marry whoever they want without interference from the government.

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I strongly disagree

May I ask why? How does it affect you if people of the same sex want to get maried?

Because marriage is only possible for one man and one woman.  In order for same sex marriage to exist, the definiton of marriage would have to be changed.  I do not agree that social pressure should change the meaning of a social institution that effects the greater good.  It's already effecting people.  One example, a family was sued and forced to pay $$$$$ for not allowing a same-sex marriage to take place at their religious bed and breakfast.  They had to go into debt and choose between becoming an accessory to mortal sin and risking their eternal salvation or shutting down their family business.  They chose the latter.

Mel0dy
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Lmfao I can't believe people still think this way. I hope you dont teach your children that BULLSHIT

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I strongly disagree

May I ask why? How does it affect you if people of the same sex want to get maried?

Because marriage is only possible for one man and one woman.  In order for same sex marriage to exist, the definiton of marriage would have to be changed.  I do not agree that social pressure should change the meaning of a social institution that effects the greater good.  It's already effecting people.  One example, a family was sued and forced to pay $$$$$ for not allowing a same-sex marriage to take place at their religious bed and breakfast.  They had to go into debt and choose between becoming an accessory to mortal sin and risking their eternal salvation or shutting down their family business.  They chose the latter.

KRYSTALK1013
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Strongly agree. To each their own. I feel that if 2 people are in love and want to get married, they should be able to, regardless of what genetalia they have.

Shelly126
by Michele on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Quoting SlapItHigh:

I think it's very pompous of you to dictate and lecture me on religion and how I should educate myself as if you are making the final judgment on my faith and soul. You don't know me nor do you know the relationship I have with God, Jesus Christ, the Holy spirit and my church. I am a highly educated woman both in my profession as well as my religious belief and I take offense to you presuming you know better than me! How dare you, in my opinion you are not acting very Christ like in passing judgement and looking down your nose @ your fellow man preaching how they are living in sin. I am a catholic and I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ our Lord and savior, I don't need you to preach His word to me nor do I need you to school me in the catholic faith as I attended catholic school from kindergarden through high school. But to sit back and shake a finger @ people is not Christ like, He himself sat with the lowest members of society and preached His word to them rather than the most beautiful temples with societies elite. I also am not supporting same sex marriage because I am a follower of society, I happen to have gay friends and family members that are in committed relationships and act as better christians than some of the heterosexual couples I also know. There are many examples of sin in our society, I am not without sin, so I will not cast the first stone as so many others would. Many heterosexual couples make a mockery of the term marriage without any help from same sex marriage, how many examples can we throw out of heterosexual marriage lasting days if not hours in some cases! Should we take away legal marriage to people who would marry more than once. My gay friend and his partner of 10yrs just took in his niece who was basically abandoned by both her mother and father, both drug addicts and married for 3yrs and drug addicts for more than 5! Sorry they have no kore right to marry than my friend and his partner do, I'm sure there is a lot more God will see than the sin of 2 men (or 2 woman) loving each other and neither younor anyone else has the right to speak for God and His salvation.
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Quoting Shelly126:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I think it's very pompous of you to dictate and lecture me on religion and how I should educate myself as if you are making the final judgment on my faith and soul. You don't know me nor do you know the relationship I have with God, Jesus Christ, the Holy spirit and my church. I am a highly educated woman both in my profession as well as my religious belief and I take offense to you presuming you know better than me! How dare you, in my opinion you are not acting very Christ like in passing judgement and looking down your nose @ your fellow man preaching how they are living in sin. I am a catholic and I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ our Lord and savior, I don't need you to preach His word to me nor do I need you to school me in the catholic faith as I attended catholic school from kindergarden through high school. But to sit back and shake a finger @ people is not Christ like, He himself sat with the lowest members of society and preached His word to them rather than the most beautiful temples with societies elite. I also am not supporting same sex marriage because I am a follower of society, I happen to have gay friends and family members that are in committed relationships and act as better christians than some of the heterosexual couples I also know. There are many examples of sin in our society, I am not without sin, so I will not cast the first stone as so many others would. Many heterosexual couples make a mockery of the term marriage without any help from same sex marriage, how many examples can we throw out of heterosexual marriage lasting days if not hours in some cases! Should we take away legal marriage to people who would marry more than once. My gay friend and his partner of 10yrs just took in his niece who was basically abandoned by both her mother and father, both drug addicts and married for 3yrs and drug addicts for more than 5! Sorry they have no kore right to marry than my friend and his partner do, I'm sure there is a lot more God will see than the sin of 2 men (or 2 woman) loving each other and neither younor anyone else has the right to speak for God and His salvation.

Actually, Christ does call us to tell other brothers and sisters in Christ when they are doing something wrong.  You are clearly NOT well-educated on the Catholic faith yet profess to be Catholic.  I suggest you educate yourself not to offend you but because I care about your eternal soul.  I am not refusing to sit with you....I AM sitting with you and I AM preaching His Word.  You are publically stating that you deny the Word of God b/c of the way you feel about your fammily and friends who are homosexual?  Why wouldn't you want to help save the souls of those whom you love?  If you read the links I gave you or do any research at all on the Truth of the Word of God, you will find that any and all homosexual acts get in the way of the participant and God.  Learn about God's plan for humans and you will know that the "only true good of the human person consists in fulfilling this divine plan" -- to quote Pope John Paul II.  Do you see?  This is the ONLY way to human good -- same sex acts are completely contrary to this.  It's very deep and can be hard to understand in just some message board discussion but I encourage you to learn.  You will discover the meaning of life that is provided to us and that same sex marriage is completely contrary to this and can never be accepted in the truth of God.  In fact, according to the Catholic church teachings which come from God -- we are called to speak out against same sex marriage.  It's not going to be the popular opinion on message boards like that but you have to decide if you want eternal life or not.  The Bible tells us that that path to heaven is narrow and although many will call, few will enter.  Speak up for truth and your eternal life if you truly are Catholic.  Speak up for those that you care about and teach them.  Human sexuality is mean to be the image of the trinity and is designed specifically to make visible what is invisible: the spiritual and the divine.  When one attemps to do this by going against God's design, not only will it be imposible, it will take that person away from their creator.  Do you want that for your family or friends?  It would be like trying to get to the father without the son -- which we know is impossible according to scripture and the teachings of every Christian church including and especially the Catholic Church.  You may be coming from a place of caring but this is not what God wants.  Do you really want to reject him in favor of you own ideas that are not as well thought out and not grounded in full knowledge of your faith...AND not coming directly from the Holy Spirit?

Yes, there are many examples of sin in our society but this one is one of the most heinous ones as it contradicts the entire meaning of life and why God created us.  This and abortion are two of the biggest ones and we are commanded to speak out against them.  However the choice is still yours.  I only offer you this information b/c I care about your soul.  Put aside your pride and really think about this as it relates to your faith.  Don't you owe it to yourself to research and see if what I say is really true?  Read for yourself.  Learn what marriage really means and how it relates to your eternal salvation.

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I will teach my children the truth which is that marriage is only possible for one man and one woman.  I will pray that you will come to find the Lord eventually and that you will teach the same truth to your children, hopefully with better language than you present here.

Quoting Mel0dy:

Lmfao I can't believe people still think this way. I hope you dont teach your children that BULLSHIT

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I strongly disagree

OliviasMommy611
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:39 AM
I had to chuckle that every debate we get in, you throw my words back at me. Quite the tactic, eh? I'm not going to debate this. I see we both have our veiws(no matter how narrow minded). I also don't know who Mrs.Miller is. I quoted sonata.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

And how would you know what someone else meant?  According to you it's "bizarre" and "reaching" to ask someone if x, y or z is included when they say that anyone should be able to do something.  Why is that?  I think that's quite telling!  And I will again point out that I asked Mrs.Miller the same thing and she agreed that this was what she meant -- that family members should be able to marry each other b/c who is she to tell anyone else what they can do.  At least her position makes more sense as it's more consistent.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting lilcaesarsmama:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Sonata8:

Yes 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Any consenting adults?  

Quoting Sonata8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM

You think it's funny that I hold you accountable for your own words in every debate?  You've proven again here that this debate tactic is good, by your inability to answer the questions asked.  You've made my case for me.  

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

I had to chuckle that every debate we get in, you throw my words back at me. Quite the tactic, eh? I'm not going to debate this. I see we both have our veiws(no matter how narrow minded). I also don't know who Mrs.Miller is. I quoted sonata.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting lilcaesarsmama:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Sonata8:

Yes 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Any consenting adults?  

Quoting Sonata8:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)