Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Poll

Question: Do you agree with it, or disagree?

Options:

I strongly agree

I strongly disagree

I am middle ways

I really don't care

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 163

View Results

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Replies (71-80):
Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Excuse me? How did you come to the conclusion that I dont mean what I said? I certainly do mean what I said, that is why I said it.  EVERYONE has the right to marry whomever they choose.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Except you don't actually mean what you say. You don't think "EVERYONE" should be able to marry. You only one to redefine marriage for one special circumstance and not any others.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

No one's religion should play ANY part in determining laws. Furthermore, EVERYONE has the right to love whomever they choose AND to express such love any way that they see fit, including marriage recognized by state and federal gov't.

NO one has the right to tell anyone they can't marry, these are not meant to be debated or voted on.

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Ok, so two 3 year olds should be able to marry? A 70 yo grandma and her 32 yo granddaughter should be able to marry? How about 25 yo twin brothers who are in love? They should be able to marry? All of these people should be able to marry if they are in love and want to? What about someone who is aready married to 1 or more other people? They should be able to marry too? If your answer is no to *any* of these then you didn't really mean what you said.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Excuse me? How did you come to the conclusion that I dont mean what I said? I certainly do mean what I said, that is why I said it.  EVERYONE has the right to marry whomever they choose.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Except you don't actually mean what you say. You don't think "EVERYONE" should be able to marry. You only one to redefine marriage for one special circumstance and not any others.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

No one's religion should play ANY part in determining laws. Furthermore, EVERYONE has the right to love whomever they choose AND to express such love any way that they see fit, including marriage recognized by state and federal gov't.

NO one has the right to tell anyone they can't marry, these are not meant to be debated or voted on.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I didnt realize you needed it to be broken down Barney style.

With the exception of the 3 year old (who is not of legal age and whose brain is not even close to being fully developed), yes I believe anyone should be able to marry. Do I agree with family members marrying each other? Not necessarily, but its not my life so I have no place to tell them what to do with theirs. Do I agree with polygamy? Not really, but again, not my life. Who are you to tell anyone that they cant marry the one they love?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Ok, so two 3 year olds should be able to marry? A 70 yo grandma and her 32 yo granddaughter should be able to marry? How about 25 yo twin brothers who are in love? They should be able to marry? All of these people should be able to marry if they are in love and want to? What about someone who is aready married to 1 or more other people? They should be able to marry too? If your answer is no to *any* of these then you didn't really mean what you said.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM
I don't need anything broken down. I'm exposing the fact that you didn't mean what you wrote. If you truly want the laws changed to state that anyone can marry anyone then the word marriage means nothing. Truth is, you want laws and regulations on who can mary jnust like everyone else. You just want to change the definition and meaning of what marriage actually is to suit a subjective socially defined morality.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

With the exception of the 3 year old (who is not of legal age and whose brain is not even close to being fully developed), yes I believe anyone should be able to marry. Do I agree with family members marrying each other? Not necessarily, but its not my life so I have no place to tell them what to do with theirs. Do I agree with polygamy? Not really, but again, not my life. Who are you to tell anyone that they cant marry the one they love?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

umm no.

Marriage is and can be defined as "an intimate and close relationship"

Marriage is not meant to be exclusively heterosexual.  Heterosexuals do not own the definition of marriage.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I don't need anything broken down. I'm exposing the fact that you didn't mean what you wrote. If you truly want the laws changed to state that anyone can marry anyone then the word marriage means nothing. Truth is, you want laws and regulations on who can mary jnust like everyone else. You just want to change the definition and meaning of what marriage actually is to suit a subjective socially defined morality.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM
I agree with gay marriage.
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:54 PM
No that won't work. Someone could have "an intimate and close relationship" with a 3yo and you already said no to that. Contradiction there. What if someone had "an intimate and close relationship" with 10-15 people in diff states without telling the others? What a legal nightmare.

Fact is, marriage has been the union of one man and one woman since the start. Matrimony literally comes from the Latin meaning 'to make a mother' which is literally impossible for 2 men.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

umm no.

Marriage is not meant to be exclusively heterosexual.  Heterosexuals do not own the definition of marriage.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Again, having to break it down for your little, closed off mind....

A 3 year old is not mature enough, legally capable, or cognitively developed enough to enter in to such relationships.

furthermore, relationships are not only meant to procreate. What about heterosexual couples who are infertile? Does that make their marriage null and void because they cant have children?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

No that won't work. Someone could have "an intimate and close relationship" with a 3yo and you already said no to that. Contradiction there. What if someone had "an intimate and close relationship" with 10-15 people in diff states without telling the others? What a legal nightmare.

Fact is, marriage has been the union of one man and one woman since the start. Matrimony literally comes from the Latin meaning 'to make a mother' which is literally impossible for 2 men.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

umm no.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:24 AM
You said "EVERYONE" and you didn't mean it. I'm not sure what you think your excuses are "breaking down" but you may one to consider that a) you contradict yourself and b) your mind may be more closed off than you think. Women can still become mothers even if they are infertile but its impossble for a man.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Again, having to break it down for your little, closed off mind....

A 3 year old is not mature enough, legally capable, or cognitively developed enough to enter in to such relationships.

furthermore, relationships are not only meant to procreate. What about heterosexual couples who are infertile? Does that make their marriage null and void because they cant have children?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

umm no.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM

By your logic, men can still be fathers if they are infertile. So your point is invalid.

Quoting SlapItHigh:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN