Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

EDITED - Have you ever taken your kid(s) to a parent/teacher conference?

Posted by   + Show Post

We have one today but couldn't get a babysitter so we have to take our 3 yo and 5 yo with us. I'm not sure it's appropriate and I'm kind of dreading it. Have you ever had to do that before?

EDIT: Thanks to some earlier replies I sent the teacher an email and she said if I thought him and his brother could play together quietly they could come. And so they went. LOL! It was cute because afterwards he came up behind me and whispered in my ear "How'd I do?". I didn't even know he realized what we were doing. He was happy to find out he's doing great!

Thanks for ALL your replies. I've loved seeing your responses. =)

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
ladyraven16
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM
I brought my 3&5yr olds to my youngest son's conference, but for my oldest I did it while they were in school. She took a day off to do conferences.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I'm pretty sure my kindergartener would run around all over.

Quoting mom2ljh:

Yes. DH wanted to go as well, so we brought the laptop and DS sat in the hallway outside his classroom playing Plants vs Zombies, lol. He's in kindergarten.

little.worthen
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

i take them all the time.. and i see other parents do it too. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Yes

momtoBrenna
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I have a pt conference with dd's teacher at the end of the school day on the 29th. She will be there because we live 40+ minutes from the school and dh will meet me there. Ds (4) will be home with my sister. I will drop him off after preschool before I head to dd's school. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM

No. I don't want my dd there while we are talking about her.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Yes. In preschool they stayed in the other room with the hhigh schoolers and this year both kids played in the room while we talked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dayna29
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I never have a sitter for it so I take them all. I even take my sister's kids if I have to.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Our school encourages children to be there. I have gone once by myself though when my toddler was overly cranky from missing her nap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ONA7DAY
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Yes.

cornucopia

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN