Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

$18 a box for twinkies?  Stores do have their own brands twinkies.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Replies (21-28):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I really liked Twinkies.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

When you said don't let the door hit you. I then told you I felt sorry about the ones that lost their jobs.

Okay, I feel like you but I feel sorry for the people that lost their jobs. Got it?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Right, I get that part.  I don't understand what it had to do with my post though.

Quoting Janet:

I just was saying, how sorry I felt for the ones that lost their jobs.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Is there a reason you quoted me?

Quoting Janet:

I feel sorry for all that lost their jobs.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Buh-bye...don't let the door hit you....

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry but I still don't get why you wanted to tell me that specifically.  It's cool....I thought there might have been a reason but it sounds like it was just a general comment.

Quoting Janet:

When you said don't let the door hit you. I then told you I felt sorry about the ones that lost their jobs.

Okay, I feel like you but I feel sorry for the people that lost their jobs. Got it?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Right, I get that part.  I don't understand what it had to do with my post though.

Quoting Janet:

I just was saying, how sorry I felt for the ones that lost their jobs.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Is there a reason you quoted me?

Quoting Janet:

I feel sorry for all that lost their jobs.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Buh-bye...don't let the door hit you....

SassyWildflower
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Other than those that lost their jobs, I don't really care about the whole thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Not only do other stores have their own brands but I'm sure someone will buy the twinkies brand and it will go on.

kmjmlj
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Really??? I have 3 boxes in my deep freezer. They taste horrible but I thought the kids might be amused to see them later

Quoting splatz:

I saw on Ebay the other day that 3 boxes sold for like $300 or something crazy like that! I need to go find some lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaleJ
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:56 AM

The company was another victim of the corporate cancer of pirate venture capital. It is sad that after making so many concessions the employees will be, once again, the ones that take the worst hit. The venture capitalists and their hired stooges have already made their nice bundle including bonuses for running the company into the ground and staying around to put the final nail in the coffin, the creditors, at least those that are not employees, will probably get something of what they are owed, the products and their recipes will be sold off to those that will produce them elsewhere, and the employees will end up on unemployment and looking for jobs. I just wish that the employees had the wherewithal to obtain financing, buy the company, and run it as a co-op, but they are not considered a good risk despite all they have done over the years to make the company succeed before being bought out by the pirates.

DazeDelights
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM
I only feel bad for the non strikers. They were trying to work. They are the victims. Some of those people have been there 20+ years and will get nothing. Merita was already bankrupt they just needed a easy out and they got it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN