Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Jackpot in the Dumpster?

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

What would you do if say... you found $20,000? Seriously. What WOULD you do? A man in Massachusetts had such luck when he was digging through a dumpster, opened a book and wah lah, there it was! He isn't sleeping so well though because he wants to do the right thing but hasn't been able to find the rightful owner.

Check HERE for more to this story.

1. So what would you do if you found $20,000?

2. Do you think you could sleep until you found the rightful owner?

3. If that money became yours in the end how do you think you would spend it?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

Be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Replies (101-110):
Cafe Beth
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Nice!

laughing

Quoting Liz132:

If I find $20,000 I'll send you one ;)

Quoting Cafe Beth:

I would want to see a picture of that. LOL!

Quoting Liz132:

What would I do? When I got home I'd be like "HALLELUJAH!" "THANK YOU JESUS!" as I tossed the money in the air and let it flutter down around me like green snowflakes. I wouldn't feel bad, I would buy a new car.

minecraftzombie
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

mmm, yummy!

Quoting Cafe Beth:

Isn't that wild? I've heard that happens a lot when people get a big amount of money like that. I just can't imagine...

This is for you to enjoy!

Quoting minecraftzombie:

My mil actually got an inheritance for 20000. It was gone in 6 days. Don't ask me on what, because she has nothing to show for it and is in more debt now than before she got that money.

LittleBirdFly
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I would go to the police so we can find the owner. I would never just keep it and spend it. Not thats its just worng but one can get in trouble, like what if this was money from a robbery and the numbers on the money are known and the it would come back to me.

If they arent able to find the owner I would pay off some bills. And then some stuff around the house.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM

If no one claimed it, I could think of some things to do with it...lol

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Family vacation-Disney World! lol

Right now, we are trying to plan an anniversary trip and I can't decide where I want to go

Quoting Cafe Beth:

A vacation would definitely be nice. Where would you want to go?

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Chai Latte please

I would try and find the owner. If not, I would use it of a vacation and save the rest

Cafe Beth
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM

That's definitely something I hadn't thought of. Smart thinking!

Here's a little something for you to enjoy. :)

Quoting LittleBirdFly:

I would go to the police so we can find the owner. I would never just keep it and spend it. Not thats its just worng but one can get in trouble, like what if this was money from a robbery and the numbers on the money are known and the it would come back to me.

If they arent able to find the owner I would pay off some bills. And then some stuff around the house.

Cafe Beth
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Me too!!!!! I actually keep a running list of things I want so I'd just have to put it in priority order. LOL!

Please enjoy this:

Quoting delanna6two:

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL
Thanks...

Quoting Cafe Beth:

Me too!!!!! I actually keep a running list of things I want so I'd just have to put it in priority order. LOL!

Please enjoy this:

Quoting delanna6two:

EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM

i would try to find the owner. if i couldn't i would use it for a few personal needs and give the rest away. but seriously i can tell you where $20 grand in the trash is. it's in disposable diapers. lol

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! :) 

Quoting Cafe Beth:

I imagine so many different ways this could have happened. I love to know what really DID happen. :)

This is for you!

Quoting Lizzys_mommy13:

You would think someone would notice that much money missing. I definitely wouldn't make it too public because then somebody is going to of course claim it when it isn't theirs. I would try to find the owner and stop by the police station to see if anybody had reported money missing. After a month or so, if it wasn't claimed, if I really needed it I might use it. If not, I'd donate it to a charity that could use it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN