Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Jackpot in the Dumpster?

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

What would you do if say... you found $20,000? Seriously. What WOULD you do? A man in Massachusetts had such luck when he was digging through a dumpster, opened a book and wah lah, there it was! He isn't sleeping so well though because he wants to do the right thing but hasn't been able to find the rightful owner.

Check HERE for more to this story.

1. So what would you do if you found $20,000?

2. Do you think you could sleep until you found the rightful owner?

3. If that money became yours in the end how do you think you would spend it?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

Be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Replies (111-120):
lustfull
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:59 PM

i would be one to believe that if i didnt find an owner it was a gift my god himself.

i was given $100 by a random man who said "he felt like god told me i needed this" and i was down to nothing in my account with a baby.

babyblue415
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I would start by going grocery shopping and buy all the extras i can't afford now. then i would fix my car so it runs properly. then i would redo all my floor and switch from carpet to laminate then i would get my dream sink that cost like 700 dollars and then i would get me a dishwasher and a washer and dryer then after that i would just spend on fun stuff like my kids and my make up and shoes and clothes.   but before all that i would make sure all the bills are taken care of

Quoting Cafe Beth:

Out of curiosity, what would you start splurging on?

This is for you to enjoy!

Quoting babyblue415:

man i'd keep that cash and start splurging

billiejo79
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I would do my best to find the rightful owner. But if I couldn't the first thing I would do is finish paying off our debts. Then the rest would go into savings for a house.

miss_AP
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:10 PM

How could you ever find the owner? I would try...but there would be so many scammers to wade through I'm not sure how you could ever do it! 

If I had it to spend I would take my kids to Disneyworld on a trip, and put the rest away for a downpayment on a house :D

DuncansMommy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I would take it to the police. It would probably keep me up thinking about who it belonged to. If I ended up being able to keep it, I would pay off my student loans. With those paid off, my life would be much easier.

rockyhugs35
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM
I'd go to the police with it. If they couldn't find who's it was I would get us a new car. We have a real beater. And then pay of some of dh student loans.
justme_onlyme7
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM

1. So what would you do if you found $20,000?                           I would either turn it in to the cops 'or' at least call them and tell them I have it and if they find the owner of it they know where it's at. I think a person has 90 days to claim it.

2. Do you think you could sleep until you found the rightful owner?
Absolutely, because rightfully it's not my money.

3. If that money became yours in the end how do you think you would spend it?
First I'd make sure that the taxes were taken out so as not to get in trouble that way.  Then I'd tithe it.  After that I'd want to start a saving account some way for our two  youngest grand children. With what's left I'd pay off as much of our bills as possible.  The bills would be pretty well paid off which is including the big one (the van). 

I'd check with my husband for his opinion as well but I know he'd go along with this.  :)

Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I would put an ad in the local newspaper stating they have 30 days to respond with details about the money and the book. After that,I would keep the money and perhaps donate a nice chunk of it.

gypsy_rose
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:14 PM

turn it into the cops.

VanillaBlondie8
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:19 PM

In all honesty I would keep it, it's not my fault someone wasnt responsible enough and threw $20,000 in the trash.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN