Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Jackpot in the Dumpster?

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

What would you do if say... you found $20,000? Seriously. What WOULD you do? A man in Massachusetts had such luck when he was digging through a dumpster, opened a book and wah lah, there it was! He isn't sleeping so well though because he wants to do the right thing but hasn't been able to find the rightful owner.

Check HERE for more to this story.

1. So what would you do if you found $20,000?

2. Do you think you could sleep until you found the rightful owner?

3. If that money became yours in the end how do you think you would spend it?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

Be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Replies (121-130):
LadySaphira
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:20 PM

It depends on where I found it at. I would attempt to find the owner but if I couldn't I would not loose sleep over it.  I would then use the money for new furniture (our sags almost to the floor), bills, groceries, and save the rest or purchasing birthday and Christmas gifts.

prdmomnarmywife
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:23 PM
I would be worried it was from a bank robbery or something . I'd be scared to spend it . I would probably report it to the police and if no owner came forward and it wasn't from a robbery I would pay for a car and college . Along with paying off some bills & putting some away for both of our boys .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM

If you can find the owner then thats not your fault. I would spend it on things like paying on my house

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I would try to find the rightful owner, if no one claimed it then I would have no problem keeping it.

SlightlyPerfect
Ugliness and worthlessness, when combined, will only produce failure.
Today at 10:16 AM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM

1. I would try to find the owner.

2. I'd sleep just fine.

3. I'd invest it.

Yeah, I'm boring.

slightlyperfect

SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:55 PM

1. try to find out the owner

2. yes

3. probably donate to charity

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I could use a cup of coffee with french vanilla cream and 3 tspns of sugar, right about now. lol  

Oh  my goodness yes! I would definitely do my best to try and find the owners of that money. But if in the end, the money ended up being mine, well, I would probably pay up my bills and then buy my kids some weather apprpriate clothes and then I would make sure we  were stocked up on groceries and such. If there happens to be anything left, I would buy something special for my husband. he hasn't had anything done for himself in years and this would be a great chance for me to give back to him for keeping our family going in the good times and especially in the rough times. Love you Honey!                                      

xsbnix
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM

i would try and find the owner and if the owner never came forward and then it was legally mine i would use it towards a down payment for a new house.

bayliesmommy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I'd shop!!! Then put the rest in a savings account!!
bayliesmommy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I'd shop!!! Then put the rest in a savings account!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)