Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Jackpot in the Dumpster?

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

What would you do if say... you found $20,000? Seriously. What WOULD you do? A man in Massachusetts had such luck when he was digging through a dumpster, opened a book and wah lah, there it was! He isn't sleeping so well though because he wants to do the right thing but hasn't been able to find the rightful owner.

Check HERE for more to this story.

1. So what would you do if you found $20,000?

2. Do you think you could sleep until you found the rightful owner?

3. If that money became yours in the end how do you think you would spend it?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

Be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
Cafe Beth
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Here's something for you to enjoy. :)

Quoting Sandiekd21:

I am all for doing the right thing.
BUT the man found it in the garbage. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
In this case,I would keep the money and not lose a sing;e wink of sleep over it.
Someone THREW THE MONEY AWAY. Accidental or not, who does that?

Cafe Beth
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like a good plan!

This is for you:

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

i would try to find the owner and if i could'n i would give half of it to a charity,out put a few hunder in the bank and use the rest on some home repairs

Cafe Beth
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Isn't that wild? I've heard that happens a lot when people get a big amount of money like that. I just can't imagine...

This is for you to enjoy!

Quoting minecraftzombie:

My mil actually got an inheritance for 20000. It was gone in 6 days. Don't ask me on what, because she has nothing to show for it and is in more debt now than before she got that money.

IansMommy2012
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I would try and find the owner . .but if the event that the money was mine to keep in the end, i would put it towards student loans and home repairs :) maybe even put some of it back for a new car later down the road :) 

Cafe Beth
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Here's to that honeymoon!!!

Quoting tashraq87:

I'd attempt to find the owner first, but only state the name of the book, NOT what was in the book. If nobody came forward and claimed it, then I would keep it. I would use $10,000 of it to pay off bills, and then use the rest to go on a honeymoon that we never had( We took Sunday off work, but he had to go back on Monday). I'd also buy some new clothes for myself as I have only bought clothes for my 9 yo daughter lately.

IansMommy2012
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM

oh and some chamolmile tea would be nice please .: )with a lil sugar .. thank you!

Cafe Beth
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Thanks for sharing that with us. :)

Enjoy your tea!

Quoting sumannie:

For one I wouldn't go through dumpsters looking for things but If he was homeless or whatever I understand. Which could be one reason why he lost sleep over it. But If I found that money I would definitely find the owner through the police. But if I kept it, I guess I would save it. I have what I need for now.
Quoting sumannie:

Cinnamon hot tea please

Cafe Beth
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM

That's awesome about your debt!

Here's a drink for you. :)

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

I'd try to find the rightful owner but I guarantee I wouldn't spend too long looking for them :P I'd use it for home repairs. We have zero debt besides the mortgage so might as well take care of the house we pay on. 

sumannie
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Cafe Beth:

Thanks for sharing that with us. :)

Enjoy your tea!

Quoting sumannie:

For one I wouldn't go through dumpsters looking for things but If he was homeless or whatever I understand. Which could be one reason why he lost sleep over it. But If I found that money I would definitely find the owner through the police. But if I kept it, I guess I would save it. I have what I need for now.
Quoting sumannie:

Cinnamon hot tea please

Ahhh, That looks awesome! :1 Thank you very much!
DiANAiVELiSSE
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM

SHOOO HoNESTLY I would keep it! Sorry but it is true.. I wouldn't tell anyone either just my DH ,pay off my bills and save the rest for my DD & DS college fund

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN