Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!

Posted by   + Show Post

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
MZ.B777
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM

We have already done a couple of these also we popped popcorn then used food coloring and died the popped kernels green and red when they dried we strang them together and made our garland for the tree. We made homemade ornaments over the years and their on tree as well.

MaskedMomma
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM

we're going to paint snowmen from tp tubes

Nunyabusiness
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Oooh we are making paper snowflakes and ornaments today.

Sunshine2plus2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:36 AM

We are going to make the Salt dough hand santas!

dana63
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM

My DD and I started as well. We ae maing snow flakes out of coffee filters. We will also place glitter on them and maybe make a Garland out of them as well..

scarletlolita76
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Quoting scarletlolita76:

We created candy cane ornaments today!
For our candy canes we used red pipe cleaners and shaped them into J's and used red and white beads to make the stripes. I hot glued the tips so the beads wouldn't fall off over time. And finally we added an ornament hook to each one :)

Here's another pic of DS helping make the candy canes! :)

CafeMom Tickers
nverheyn2011
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM

does this still count if I do everything and dd just looks on all adorable? lol I think she's still a bit too young to be doing the arts and crafts.

periwinkle163
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

We are going to take clear plastic christmas ornaments and put white feathers in them and paint faith on the outside. There will be a little card attached that says here's a feather for our tree that my angel gave just to me:)

NookBoookMom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM
We're making some with yarn & construction paper to paint-color
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I like to make salt dough ornaments with the kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)