Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!

Posted by   + Show Post

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (171-180):
dommad2
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM
We made salt dough ornaments!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OurFunnyFarm
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM
We made ornaments out of foam shapes!!
divamommao
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:29 PM

We do this every year. SO far this year we have made ornaments for the tree using popscile sticks. this coming weekend we are making dough ornaments in shapes and baking them and then painting them.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

We are making ornaments this weekend. 

mine01369
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM

we make decorations every year.  ;-)  we made popsicle snowmen.  We cut out hats from card stock painted the sticks white and used ribbon as a scarf.  

mine01369
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Oh yeah and my kids are going to help finish the christmas curtains I made last night

kdun33
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:55 PM

My son made paper snowflakes to decorate our Christmas tree, and he also made a star for the top of the tree!!

Karli23
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM

We made froot loop chains for the tree and reindeer candy canes!

Mt.Kels
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:53 PM
We made our own advent Christmas tree calendar last week. I'm working on wrapping some Christmas lights around my old tomato cages to put in my flower pots out front. Then here in the next couple weeks we're going to make some cinnamon dough ornaments!
MrsRi
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:01 PM

We made snowflake paper mache it was so much fun.  This weekend we'll paint them grey and white and add glitter then hang them around the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN