Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!

Posted by   + Show Post

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (181-190):
deedee3849
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Yesterday we made a Christmas calendar. We talked about the things we wanted to do in December including crafts and planned them into the month.

AidenDsmommy
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I am planning on adding the printable at the end of the week to my blog.

Michaelamarie84
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM

My MIL actually posted how to do a Santa salt dough hand ornament, so we're going to do that each year.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Mmmm, a tasty treat and a great way for kids who don't live near snow to still get a chance to build a snowman!

Totally a sweet treat for a lovely afternoon!  I don't have any ice cream, but this is going on my idea list.

http://pinterest.com/pin/264868021806340614/

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM

This is one of the latest together projects:

Pinned Image

Though this is the Pinterest pic and not mine.  We also do an Advent tree that we made all the ornaments for together, and the girls will be making most of their Christmas presents.

mitty18
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:22 PM

salt dough ornaments

mitty18
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM

popcorn chains

mitty18
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Cotton ball snowmen
Ladybugmama86
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I think we will make snowflakes and some candycane ordaments tomorrow after work!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
bwsmommy
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Im not sure what we are gonna do yet .. but i will have it figured out and pictures taken by this weekend !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)