Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!

Posted by   + Show Post

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (211-220):
ADPIAKCMAMI
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Popcorn chain for the tree!!!! Can even use dye to make it colorful!!!!!
funmommy123
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:04 AM
We made their stockings & the kids got to decorate it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaJesi
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:22 PM

My kids are going to show me how to make snowflakes.. they make them all throughout the year so they are experts!

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM

We already did most of our decorating but this year has been SO fun because DS helped me make art and craft decorations!! I will share some pictures and etc. of what we have done!

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Ok! Just got the pictures, will share them by project. One (and the CUTEST one DS did himself) I could not get a picture of tonight, it's in Gram's room, but he made a handprint/footprint reindeer. It is freaking adorable!

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM

First project we tackled, even before Thanksgiving, was paper snowflakes! I do not recommend this as a young child friendly project though lol. DS is 3 and I didn't realize he couldn't really cut snowflakes until we were in the middle of it. But he helped hang a bunch and the next morning when he woke up to triple the amount, the glow in his eyes was unbelievable. He was awe-stricken!

And not to mention it's a total pain in the butt! It took me forever and ever to finally finish! Here are a couple of my favorite flakes, and where they are located.

They are hung all above the tree, I need to put more up though!

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:30 PM

DS made these salt dough ornaments 100 percent by himself! :) He was very proud, mommy loves them!

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:31 PM

And mom helped him makes these ones - replica of his itty bitty hand and his footprint!

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Our snowman he made with puff paint, it's not finished yet because it is just barely dried now.

And his little Christmas themed artwork he did :)

And we made mommy + me handprints!

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Last night I had him decorate a bunch of computer paper, with red and green paints and crayons. Then I sliced them up and made a paper chain. I love it! We are going to make more of these!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)