Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!

Posted by   + Show Post

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (231-240):
nova.mommy
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:40 PM

My DD would love the wreath, need to get supplies.

Thaismomma09
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:58 PM
I love the salt dough ornaments idea we will be definitely making those along with some wrapping paper ornaments, can't wait!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MascaraMomma
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Last Saturday my DH bought me flowers and a small teddybear to help cheer me up from my Aunt's passing on Friday... Needless to say my children love the flowers and kept commenting on how pretty they are so for our decoration this year my girls and I took a few of the flowers and braided them into a wreath for the bear to wear around his neck and will be sitting next to our holiday tree this year with my Aunt's picture.

We're not all happy all the time but we're a happy family.

Jen (MascaraMomma)
Lcherniske
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM
We made the salt dough irnaments- santa hands and dinosaurs. It took a couple days to finish but it was fun!
tamidawn
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM

We went to a paint studio! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adsmith2012
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:11 AM

well we actually already done this last week but my kids love it and know our house is full of my childrens beautiful decoration lol

AnAngelsKiss
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM
We did paper snowflakes yesterday. Tonight we are making salt dough ornaments
aneela
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

we made a cute tree with decorations on it FOR the tree ha ha

by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

We make ornaments. For this one we made reindeer ornaments out of popsicle sticks!

mommyyoga
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

We cut up red and green bags that were left over from a birthday party and then made a chain to hang on the tree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)