Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!

Posted by   + Show Post

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (61-70):
nverheyn2011
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM

15 months

Quoting Angel_Red7:

How young? What about clay ortiments with their feet or hand imprints? 

Quoting nverheyn2011:

does this still count if I do everything and dd just looks on all adorable? lol I think she's still a bit too young to be doing the arts and crafts.

CafeMom Tickers
debramommyof4
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Tuesday we are making pine cone orniments
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2girlsYES
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:23 AM
I'm loving all the ideas - we will be making a trip to the craft store today :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:24 AM

She's in school right now but I'm thinking maybe we can make some snowflakes.  She would like making those more than the other suggestions.   Time to channel my inner child...

MrsNewman
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM
We love Chris's crafts I have a whole board on Pinterest ready to go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heidi_val
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:27 AM
I would like to do the dough ornaments today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I am learning how to make quillings (self taught so it is going slowly) and my girls and I have been working on patterns for ornaments. So far only one snow flake has been completed.

ripemango
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM

We are going to make the pipecleaner snowflakes on green construction paper. It will serve as our backdrop to countdown to Christmas w Santa's beard and cottonballs.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

bxmommy2be
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM

since my daughter is only 16months. i bought her finger paint and made her hand prints into turkeys. i have some christmas colors also im going to see if we can make a christmas tree out of her handprints too :)

momofsixangels
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM

We took solid color ornaments.The girls put paint on their palms and fingers.Then they press them to the ornaments.They decorate them to look like snowmen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)