Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!

Posted by   + Show Post

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (71-80):
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM
The paper chains sound fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistync
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM
we are making a count down calander today :) we made paper chain garland the other day and ill prob steal a lot of these ladies craft ideas for next week :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM
And the paper snowflakes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marja2011
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:42 AM
My son and I outlined out feet and hands, then glued the hand on one foot and colored on eyes and a nose making a reindeer! He seemed to have enjoyed it.
mamabearlehman
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I think we will be painting wooden Christmas trees

cowgirls10181
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM
We did salt dough and they soo want to make more oranments for the tree now. So they get their wish tonight we will do it again!
amber_jean101
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM

We made christmas trees out of pipe cleaners my kids had alot of fun!

Junebugsmomma
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM
We actually started to make paper snowflakes last night. We are going to finish after school. Pics to come! Glitters and markers are on the agenda :0)
amyand4
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:06 PM
We made Santa faces with paper plates and cotton balls and red cotton balls for cheeks it came out cute. Even the 2 yo could do it.
Whirledpeas1129
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:07 PM

We made glitter pine cone ornaments, and it was the perfect craft with my 3 year old! He painted glue onto pine cones, and then I put them in ziplock baggies of glitter. He shook them up like mad! Once they dried, I used my hot glue gun to attach yarn so they could hang. We gave some to grandparents, too. He loved shaking them and proudly points out his ornaments on the tree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)