Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!

Posted by   + Show Post

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (81-90):
Maries_Mom23
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM

The girls just put up their little trees in their rooms over the weekend.  They now want to make paper snowflakes to hang.  Sounds like a good after homework activity! :)

ZoeCY
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Today we are making some play dough for my daughter's "homework" but it is to bring back to class. Now I am thinking that maybe we will also make some extra and cut out some Christmas ornaments!
KlingyMomma
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM
My 4 kids are 5 and under. So instead of decorating our tree with breakables, every year I draw out lines of ornaments and let the kids color them and string them with yarn. Then we pick out the perfect place on the tree to hang each.Sinch that was today's challenge, we did that this morning =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Fun! We will be making a tulle wreath later!

AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I love this and it's cute.  We will be doing this when I get home from work.

it would be so much fun to surprise the kids with this movable parts fridge snowman one morning before Christmas! 

wmmeatlady
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM

paper chains <3 them and so easy and safe to make with glue sticks

Jasuzha
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM
We've been going to Bass Pro Shops. They have a different free craft to make each week.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM

We are making snowflakes.

beeluvin
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Alright day 1. I don't know what we will create yet. I will let you know when we are done :}

cjsmom1
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Over the weekend we made a gingerbread train. We had a lot of fun.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)