Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 3: Play a Silly Car Game

Posted by   + Show Post

Whether you're traveling far away, or just around the corner this holiday season, try some silly car games to keep your children entertained. For example, in the game "What Am I?" each person in the car takes a turn describing an animal, insect, or object without naming it. Then, the other family members or car companions try to guess what it is by asking questions. The "Tell a Silly Story" game involves each family member adding a silly sentence to a unique, utterly imaginative story that changes every time you tell it!

family in the van

What silly car game did your family play in the car today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (131-140):
kgalvano
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:32 PM

thanks for sharing urs. we look outside and see shapes colors and animals.

MomOf2Girlies90
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM

We don't do car games just talk and read stories. Good idea though. 

tconnors331
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

our children range in age from 4 to 23. the older kids love to play punch buggy. when they see a vw bug they yell punch buggy and the color of the car as they "punch" someone in the arm

Junesmommy18
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM

My DD plays "I spy" a lot. Except she yells out what she sees, mostly "Fladders"-Flowers..

nova.mommy
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Will have to give it a go the next time we ar in the car for more than a few minutes.

MascaraMomma
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM

This one was fun. DD and I made it up one afternoon when we were both trying to sing along to a song we didn't know and we were butchering it so I told her the next song we would change all of the words to funny things, so we danced around the livingroom singing about wormy icecream and booger sundaes, now we love to play 'crazy songs' any time we go anywhere.

We're not all happy all the time but we're a happy family.

Jen (MascaraMomma)
acrogodess
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:50 PM

We play "yellow car" on the bus or in a car. For every car we see, we yell "yellow car" and punch the person closest to us in the arm. LOL. A yellow punch buggy gets two punches when we say "yellow punch buggy no punch backs"

WifeyMommy2011
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM
I think I might start trying some of these ideas when my son is sick of riding! Sounds like a lot of fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:59 PM

We usually play I Spy in the car, but we also take turns telling jokes. The sillier  the better.

tamidawn
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM
We played I Spy! He loves that game. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN