Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 5: Bake Something (Real OR Pretend)!

Posted by   + Show Post

Kids LOVE baking and devouring their concoctions! Today, pick something to bake with your child (and don't be afraid to make a little bit of a mess!) If your child is too young to assist in the kitchen, play with pretend cupcakes or cookies, or decorate paper "cookies" with crayons and stickers.

baking

Share with us the delicious treats you made today in the comments below.

Here are five tips for making your baking adventures special with your kids this holiday season.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Replies (61-70):
chattycassie
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM

We wont be making real cookies until later this weekend for the cookie excahnge here at work. My girls LOVE to help bake especially my 6 y/o girls she loves to measure and crack the eggs.

periwinkle163
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM

We baked cookies!

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

We love to bake : )

lapalmamama
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We made cakepops that look like ducks for a fundraiser.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM

We bake together often. Today we made artichoke bread (basically artichoke dip stuffed into a loaf of Italian bread that has been split in half, then it's baked. A few days ago, we made Cranberry-orange bread.

ashleywagoner
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Hmmm...Good idea! I think we'll make mint choc. chip cookies! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shishie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:20 PM

since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes on Tuesday we will not ne baking for real. Maybe som felt cookies are  in order.

AmieLynnO
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM

We are making chocolate chip cookies together.  Fun!

mysticalmalissa
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM

We are making cupcakes tomorrow.  =)

jessilovinglife
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM

My daughter has been making banana bread with my mom and helping my dad in the kitchen and sharing hot cocoa and marshmallows in one of his espresso cups. Shes only 27 months but she is so delicate about it and lifts the cup at the same time he does, takes a sip, and sets it back down. They are so fun to watch together, she loves her Nana & Baba

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)