Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 6: Write a Letter to a Far-Away Relative or Friend

Posted by   + Show Post

Chances are, your child can't visit everyone during the holidays, but you can help everyone stay connected by writing letters! We love the skills letter-writing can build in children, including spelling practice, storytelling, imaginative play, and more. Today, ask your child to create a letter (or draw pictures if they are still learning how to write) for one family member or friend.

writing

Tell us: Who did your child write to?

For three easy (and imaginative) activities to help your child embrace the art of writing letters, read our recent blog post.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Replies (111-113):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I'm not the best with letter writing...

beeluvin
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM

we have 5 kids the oldest is 25 and lives in another state. the younger kids [ 10, 7, 5] will write and draw for there big bro. for Christmas.

micheledo
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Tuesday, I got out paper, markers, crayons, pencils, and feathers for the kids to make cards.  They all picked a different person - aunts, uncles, grandparents, and great grandparents.  The cards are quite interesting to say the least.  Though my 6 year old cut out a bird's body from shiny paper and then glued feathers to it to give the bird a gorgeous tail!  I was impressed with his creativity.

Now I just have to get them in the mail.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)