Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creative Play Challenge Day 6: Write a Letter to a Far-Away Relative or Friend

Posted by   + Show Post

Chances are, your child can't visit everyone during the holidays, but you can help everyone stay connected by writing letters! We love the skills letter-writing can build in children, including spelling practice, storytelling, imaginative play, and more. Today, ask your child to create a letter (or draw pictures if they are still learning how to write) for one family member or friend.

writing

Tell us: Who did your child write to?

For three easy (and imaginative) activities to help your child embrace the art of writing letters, read our recent blog post.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Replies (41-50):
deedee3849
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Daddy!

MascaraMomma
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Ok so we just did this one and my oldest who is still learning to read and write asked me who she should write to and i told her she could write to anyone so she chose to write to the grinch. when i asked why she said that 'maybe if someone wrote him a letter he wouldn't be so grumpy'

my youngest drew pictures of our family and asked to send it with her sister's letter.

question... where to address it to? or should i just hang it on our holiday tree?

We're not all happy all the time but we're a happy family.

Jen (MascaraMomma)
robsgurl_23
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:19 PM

my kids wrote to their grandfather in Germany..we are sending a Christmas card which it will be put into that card...=)

TigerofMu
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:37 PM

One wrote to Nana, one to Papa, and two to their pen pals.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:46 PM

shes still a little to young to write but she will being coloring some pics for cards

acrogodess
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM

My kids will be writing to their Albany friends when we move away.

carole76
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Great, perfect timing for Christmas. I can send a picture my little one draws with my Christmas cards

mothervixen
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM
My dd wroth for the first time to her new pen-pal @ another elementary school in I think she said North Dakota.
Photobucket
mistync
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM
We will write her grandmaw who lives a few states away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkcsmtlgy
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM

My oldest wrote to his grandma in WV. And he drew her a picture of doe my husband got this morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)