Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 6: Write a Letter to a Far-Away Relative or Friend

Posted by   + Show Post

Chances are, your child can't visit everyone during the holidays, but you can help everyone stay connected by writing letters! We love the skills letter-writing can build in children, including spelling practice, storytelling, imaginative play, and more. Today, ask your child to create a letter (or draw pictures if they are still learning how to write) for one family member or friend.

writing

Tell us: Who did your child write to?

For three easy (and imaginative) activities to help your child embrace the art of writing letters, read our recent blog post.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Replies (61-70):
MargauxG
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM

My oldest will sign Christmas cards and my little two scribble on them :)

WesternNYmom
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM

DD wrote a letter to her friend from school. She is trying to set up a playdate. She is going to give in to her friend on Monday.

Hottmomma607
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Thats an awesome idea!

WifeyMommy2011
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Whenever we are giving a card to someone from our son I give him a pencil and tell him to draw a picture. He's almost 22 months and scribbles away all over the inside of it and then I help him write his name. :-) when he's older I'll encourage him to write letters to family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM
We will write one to his Grandmommy and GiGi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM

My boys write to "MiMi" all the time! She's my cousin Melissa from VA.

1hotmama87
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:12 AM

We wrote a letter to my Aunt that lives in Kentucky, we sent a holiday care package to her since she is their without any family.

mommy2kaelynn
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:38 AM

We actually just did this this morning - before I saw this! We wrote to her Mimi & Fadr (my Mom and Dad) in AZ, and her cousins and Aunt & Uncle in PA.

babid14
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:00 AM
My daughter colored some.coloring pages we are going to put into our christmas cards for my aunt and some sisters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bergencounty
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM

to my brother's dog. Kids they are too funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)