Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creative Play Challenge Day 6: Write a Letter to a Far-Away Relative or Friend

Posted by   + Show Post

Chances are, your child can't visit everyone during the holidays, but you can help everyone stay connected by writing letters! We love the skills letter-writing can build in children, including spelling practice, storytelling, imaginative play, and more. Today, ask your child to create a letter (or draw pictures if they are still learning how to write) for one family member or friend.

writing

Tell us: Who did your child write to?

For three easy (and imaginative) activities to help your child embrace the art of writing letters, read our recent blog post.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Replies (91-100):
hismrsramirez86
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM
We always write a letter to my brother up north in California
chattycassie
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM

This sounds fun. I have a LOT of family that we are getting cards and letter ready for, I will have the girls toss a letter from them in.

KITTYCAT1
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM
My son colored a picture for his aunt
larschick
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:23 PM
We r writing a letter to Santa. He is going to draw a picture of what he wants & sign his name to it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LivinBlessed
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM
We'll be starting Christmas cards this week, and I hope both my kids will want to help personalize them. It just makes them so much more special:)
Michaelamarie84
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM

My son's too young to write or really draw but we "colored" a Dora picture for his Uncle.

SassyLeigh
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM
My two oldest just wrote letters it their grandparent and aunt in Maine! Now if I could remember to mail them!
Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

My mom. My children are happy to write letters and my little one, with his drawings.

aneela
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM

we made a card for his grandma in the caribbean

by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I had my oldest write a letter to his cousin. My younger two drew pictures and wrote their name on the pictures.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)