Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 7: Spark a New Dinner Conversation

Posted by   + Show Post

The holidays are a wonderful time to bond as a family, and what better time than over dinner! Kick off great conversations tonight by asking each family member one question about themselves. For example: "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" Or "What qualities do you look for in a friend?" You may learn a lot more than you expected!

Check out this article for five additional ways to inspire meaningful conversations with your family over dinner.

eating

What did you and your family share over dinner today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
cowgirls10181
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Yesterday we discussed the week of school and learned some of their descriptions are intresting...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM

We talk school work over 

PEEK05
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Tonight we are just having pizza.  We are super busy today and I won't have time to prepare dinner ahead of time or when we get home.  This will be our first family meal in a week since my husband works every day past dinner, so I'm really excited. :)

mommieof1b4g
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM
We talk about their day and what they want to do over tthe wkend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistync
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM
We do this daily. Dd is 5 and we love hearing about her day and her friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eevers55
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:02 PM

My daughter still only communicates by signing, so it's not so much of a conversation with her. But my huband and I rarely spend time together, so supper is our time to sit and talk about EVERYTHING. DD loves to sit and listen to us.

AmieLynnO
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Today, over dinner, our family discussed what we like and dislike about the holidays.  Of course, for the children, the main discussion was all about the things they like most.  For the parents, the stress factor comes into play, but thankfully, not so much for our children.  I am happy they do not have to worry about any of the stressful parts of the holidays, such as finances.  They can just be joyful.

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Its just me but I try to engage in conversations with my dd and niece and nephew sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt

periwinkle163
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

We always talk about what our favorite part of the day was, and why.

lillucky8
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Mine are two and four mos so just eating dinner is our goal. But we did discuss what she wanted in her santa letter we are dropping off at macys while we cooked dinner :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)