Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 7: Spark a New Dinner Conversation

Posted by   + Show Post

The holidays are a wonderful time to bond as a family, and what better time than over dinner! Kick off great conversations tonight by asking each family member one question about themselves. For example: "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" Or "What qualities do you look for in a friend?" You may learn a lot more than you expected!

Check out this article for five additional ways to inspire meaningful conversations with your family over dinner.

eating

What did you and your family share over dinner today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
MargauxG
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM

We never rerally talk about one topic, but we always have family conversation over dinner. We talk about our days and our plans for the following day usually.

hlzcmjzajz
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM
We usually talk about our days- dh tells us how his day at work went, ds tells about his day at preschool, & I get to share what our baby girl has accomplished during the day! Dinner time is my favorite part of the day because its the one time we're actually all together & I love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM
We have conversations like this all the time. My son is 3 and doesnt fully understand and my daughter is 5 and gets mad feeling like were interragating her lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:22 PM
My sons nonverbal. It limits conversation.
1hotmama87
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:31 PM

We talk about the day, anything exciting that is upcoming etc.

Sillieguze
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM

We usually listen to music and talk about our day during dinner

rkkeller13
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM
DS is too young yet to answer back. So I usually just talk about what we did that day and what we are going to do the next day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

DD spent some time at Grandma's house.  i plan on asking her perspective on what she did ( already know from gMa what happened, but it's cool to hear DD tell it)

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

acrogodess
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:27 PM

We have been discussing our future move soon and the behaviors that are expected while we are caring for my elderly grandmother. We have the discussed the benefits of moving and how it will benefit us as a whole.

amyand4
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Right now they are all focused on Christmas!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)