Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 7: Spark a New Dinner Conversation

Posted by   + Show Post

The holidays are a wonderful time to bond as a family, and what better time than over dinner! Kick off great conversations tonight by asking each family member one question about themselves. For example: "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" Or "What qualities do you look for in a friend?" You may learn a lot more than you expected!

Check out this article for five additional ways to inspire meaningful conversations with your family over dinner.

eating

What did you and your family share over dinner today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
Bob192
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM

We'll do this at dinner!  Good reminder, thanks!

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Will have to remember to do this tonight. :)

MamaToCollin
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Still too young for conversations, but my husband and I talk in between the babbling ;)

pinkcsmtlgy
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM

We actually try to do this already. We asked this question last night, if you could be any animal real or imagined what would you be?. My oldest said a deer with wings and my youngest said a barking chicken. 

steph21078
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM

tonight we talked about ways to help others at christmas

amber_jean101
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

We talked about what they wanted to do when they grow up... Both my girls of course want to be Ballerina's my oldest son wants to be a football player and my and my youngest son wants to be a firefighter We do talk about this and the girls have yet to change there mind but my boys still do lol there so funny!

heidi_val
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM
my kids won't sit still long enough to ask
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Same here.

Quoting myhandsomelove:

We usually talk about how their day was at school, what they did, played, ate at lunch. How close they are to reaching goals and everything in between, there's also some silly conversations with my 5 yr old lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I have a 1 yr old and a 3 yr old. I usually ask my 3 yr old what he did at school and daycare. And then I tell my 1 yr old something like "Wyatt had pancakes at school today. Those are yummy arent they?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Probably more information than you guys want to know, lol. We ate with my brother and SIL so the adults ate in the living room and the kids ate in the dining room.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)