Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 7: Spark a New Dinner Conversation

Posted by   + Show Post

The holidays are a wonderful time to bond as a family, and what better time than over dinner! Kick off great conversations tonight by asking each family member one question about themselves. For example: "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" Or "What qualities do you look for in a friend?" You may learn a lot more than you expected!

Check out this article for five additional ways to inspire meaningful conversations with your family over dinner.

eating

What did you and your family share over dinner today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Replies (61-70):
seraphimsong
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Natalie always talks about what she did at school that day and we just have silly moments and light conversation
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bayliesmommy
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:37 PM
My daughter and I talked about how we might not get to see everyone this holiday season.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Right now, the favorite topic is Christmas.  My husband and I have been discussing with our kids the true meaning of Christmas.  We are trying to teach our kids that Christmas isn't just about getting presents. I am not sure it is sinking in just yet.

Jasuzha
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Quoting ZakkarysMom:

My son is too young too and he is speech delayed.
bergencounty
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

We went for silly Today.

babid14
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:27 AM
My son is only 3 months so when we talk we cant understand him lol. My daughter cant talk yet either she is being evaulated by a speech therapist on the 6th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:35 AM

every night at dinner we take turns asking eachother what the best and worst part of the day was and why.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:02 AM

They want to go back to Disney.

lapalmamama
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Last night my dd(8) started a game while she was "cooking dinner" - she called it what I love about you!  we could say anything like I love your orange eyes or 4 heads- just being silly or we could say real stuff.  It was silly fun..

frankiesma530
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM

My daughter is having some speech problems so we've been talking about words and putting them together and working on our pronunciation.  We have hypothetical conversations like your example all the time but we really practice her speech lately any time we can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)