Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 7: Spark a New Dinner Conversation

Posted by   + Show Post

The holidays are a wonderful time to bond as a family, and what better time than over dinner! Kick off great conversations tonight by asking each family member one question about themselves. For example: "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" Or "What qualities do you look for in a friend?" You may learn a lot more than you expected!

Check out this article for five additional ways to inspire meaningful conversations with your family over dinner.

eating

What did you and your family share over dinner today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Replies (91-100):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Good article, thanks!

aneela
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM

we talked about science and space travel lol :D

keeckhardt
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Talking about school is like pulling teeth with my 5 yo ds
AmieLynnO
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM

We talk about our day during dinner, most days.  This time at dinner, we discussed homework and how proud we are of our son for catching up on his missing assignments from his Spanish class.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM

We talked about school and about how much fun we had the day before picking out our very first real christmas tree from a christmas tree farm.

GimmieMoKimmy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM
My LO is still too young for conversations, but I still chatted with her about the exciting day we had enjoying the warm day at the park. I showed her pics and practiced saying her name and her new friend's name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AidenDsmommy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:50 PM

we sit down for dinner almost every night, ever night we talk about our days but tonight I chose to talk about being thankfl for things God has given us. I thought it would be good to review Thanksgiving.

kdickens
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Since it is the holidays, we asked what was your favorite Christmas- your favorite memory and present.

shishie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:37 AM

We talked about Rudolph

mommyyoga
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

DS is only 2, so the questions were "do you love...?"  Spiders were a "no."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN