Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 8: Make a Special Homemade Gift or Card

Posted by   + Show Post

Giving a gift from the heart this holiday season doesn't have to take a lot of time, and it can really nourish your child's imagination. Today, ask your child to draw a picture, decorate a frame, write a poem or story, or create a little scrapbook-any homemade creation they'd like!  

scrapbooking

What did your child create?

(P.S. To stock-up on your Arts & Crafts collection, here are a few items we'd recommend.)  

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
othermom
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM

My older daughter made a christmas ornament. They will be making more soon too. They all drew pictures too

acrogodess
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Hand print Christmas trees sounds like a great idea! We are going to do that with my pre-k class this year! Thanks for the suggestion.

Quoting lillucky8:

Dd is two so she cant make a card by herself but we are going to make paper snowflakes, and hand print trees to give at xmas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I will have dd and ds draw and write something for their godmother and her husband. They are coming up to visit us this weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:55 AM

We did these for grandparents :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM

my kids are always doing this..there is letters and pictures for Santa in the room with our tree and pictures in stocking from my kids..they love to do that stuff..=)

dommad2
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Were doing handprint ornaments for the grandparents this week!!
nova.mommy
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:18 AM

DD is at school, so we will do something later.  We have a bunch of the tri-tip beads, need to check the net for some new easy Christmas crafts to make with them.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:22 AM

We have tons of crafts.My Mom was a crafter.She had more craft supplies then JoAnns and Michaels combined.My kids love to make Christmas crafts.They made these huge snowflakes out of popsicle sticks

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

We'll do this after homework today!  I have lots of construction paper and pom pom balls.  

May make our Santa countdown today...

Bookwormy
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM
My daughter's making homemade sachets with my (illegal) DW's help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)