Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 8: Make a Special Homemade Gift or Card

Posted by   + Show Post

Giving a gift from the heart this holiday season doesn't have to take a lot of time, and it can really nourish your child's imagination. Today, ask your child to draw a picture, decorate a frame, write a poem or story, or create a little scrapbook-any homemade creation they'd like!  

scrapbooking

What did your child create?

(P.S. To stock-up on your Arts & Crafts collection, here are a few items we'd recommend.)  

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
NannyElin
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

we are working on coloring pictures to send to family members.

MZ.B777
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM

We been doing this as a family tradition for a couple years now we make homemade goodies and cards and homemade ornaments.

PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM

We just painted our homemade clay ornaments last night. :)

Later this month, on the 17th, we are making 6 homemade gift projects with our local MOMS Club.  I'm helping prepare for it this week so I'll know more about what we're making later.

AmieLynnO
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM

My daughter is home from school with a cold & cough, so she is making a homemade scrapbook for Grandma today.  Thanks for the great ideas!

ZoeCY
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I spent the day in school with my daughter today and she made a couple of gifts for her friends.  She also made puppets and pretend food for her class.  

rockinfirekitty
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Was the hand part the face? That sounds fun!!

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM

We are making snowmen today out of toilet paper rolls

IncognitoOne
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM

My boys are making Christmas cards with construction paper, markers, stickers, and glitter gel. 

Junebugsmomma
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I bought alot of little crafts to put in my 2yr olds advent calander. Today he opened things to make Santa Gift Tags. Grandma will be watching him for a little bit while Im at the dentist....They should have a blast!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hismrsramirez86
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM
I actually have a wooden frame I got her that she will be hammering together then decorating it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)