Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 8: Make a Special Homemade Gift or Card

Posted by   + Show Post

Giving a gift from the heart this holiday season doesn't have to take a lot of time, and it can really nourish your child's imagination. Today, ask your child to draw a picture, decorate a frame, write a poem or story, or create a little scrapbook-any homemade creation they'd like!  

scrapbooking

What did your child create?

(P.S. To stock-up on your Arts & Crafts collection, here are a few items we'd recommend.)  

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
hypnautica
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Made Grammy a Christmas tree pic.

AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM

We just made a snow theme picture with cotton balls, and paint.  This was a lot of fun.  Lunch and nap time :) 

KITTYCAT1
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids love drawing and draw daily. My son (2 years old) drew a page of shapes this morning.
cowgirls10181
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM
We usually do a family photo and give it for Christmas! This year we are doing crafts, so far we have ornaments stacked up.... fixing to can a few, saw it on pintrest, take a can good can with pop top n open the bottom, then clean and fill the can seal with hot glue add new paper or wrapping now you have a unique way to package a gift
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chattycassie
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM

This is a great idea but we alreay do it. We are broke not only around christmas but all year long. The kids always make homemade cards and small gifts. they are a bit older (13,9,6)

1hotmama87
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM

My older DS made ornaments, my younger DS well he just made a mess ;-) but thats ok!

MargauxG
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Today is FIL's birthday so does making a birthday card count?

periwinkle163
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM

We made handmade cards to send to the troops in girl scouts, we are going to make more cards in cubscouts for local nursing homes.

eevers55
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM

This is what we started doing since DD's first Christmas. Everyone loves homemade gifts from her

rkkeller13
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM
I was thinking of doing something with DS foot prints and hand prints to send to family for this Christmas. Can't afford to but them stuff, bit I think homemade is better cause it comes from the heart.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)