Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 8: Make a Special Homemade Gift or Card

Posted by   + Show Post

Giving a gift from the heart this holiday season doesn't have to take a lot of time, and it can really nourish your child's imagination. Today, ask your child to draw a picture, decorate a frame, write a poem or story, or create a little scrapbook-any homemade creation they'd like!  

scrapbooking

What did your child create?

(P.S. To stock-up on your Arts & Crafts collection, here are a few items we'd recommend.)  

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Replies (71-80):
MooNFaeRie30
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:08 AM

my girls made salt dough ornaments.

mysticalmalissa
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:33 AM

We made some (paper) stained glass yesterday.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Jaden wrote a poem!

inmybizz
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM

paper ornaments for the tree.

mistync
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM
I'm going to let dd decorate some glass mugs from the dollar tree to give to all the grand parents:) she's also making a card for her grandmaw that lives a few states away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Michaelamarie84
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

We made snowflakes out of paper.

jdsmell7
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I've been making Kitchen Angels for the last few years now-- out of a dish towel, dish cloth, & potholder in Christmas decor to match any kitchen color/theme. The tags on them read: "I am your kitchen angel, watching over all that you do. Baking all those goodies, even snitching 1 or 2. If you ever tire of me, and help is what your wish is....just until my ribbons & I will help you with the dishes !"

Jasuzha
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Quoting huntersmama711:

DS is too young too. He's going to decorate the Christmas cards. He doesn't like getting stuff on his hands, so no painting.
mommieof1b4g
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:46 AM

we are making handprint ornaments

mommy2kaelynn
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:14 AM

We've been working on these for a few weeks now. We are baking things for friends for Christmas, we are making handprint wreaths, cards, and will be doing her Christmas photo session tomorrow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)