Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creative Play Challenge Day 8: Make a Special Homemade Gift or Card

Posted by   + Show Post

Giving a gift from the heart this holiday season doesn't have to take a lot of time, and it can really nourish your child's imagination. Today, ask your child to draw a picture, decorate a frame, write a poem or story, or create a little scrapbook-any homemade creation they'd like!  

scrapbooking

What did your child create?

(P.S. To stock-up on your Arts & Crafts collection, here are a few items we'd recommend.)  

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Replies (81-90):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:27 AM

My kids made a snowman family :)

aneela
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

we made a snowflake out of popsicle sticks and glitter

keeckhardt
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM
We decorated gingerbread snowmen. Then delivered them to our neighbors.
ahawkins
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:32 AM
We fingerpainted card for the.family
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:02 PM

We made ornaments for this challange. This is something the kids can all do and they love it. They give them to Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles for Christmas. 

mommyto3bees
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Show flakes for grandma 

GimmieMoKimmy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM
We dyed some yarn together at the children's museum. We will incorporate the yarn strings in gifts to granny and grampa
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AidenDsmommy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM

we make ornaments every year to give to the grandparents along with a book of photos from the year from #shutterfly

WesternNYmom
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:21 AM

My kids and I are making felt ornments with the help of a kit that I picked up at Joanne Fabrics.  They required alot of sewing, but they turned out great. We are going to give one to each of the kid's teachers, my son's bus driver, dd's dance instructors, and her brownie leader. We are also making some for members of our family.  If we have any leftover, I plan to hang a few on our tree as well.

kdickens
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM

We really enjoyed doing this. We (my husband included and my 2 year old) made cards for the soldiers overseas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)