Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Creative Play Challenge Day 9: Play Your Holiday Tunes LOUD!

Posted by   + Show Post

We love looking for ways to build key skills through play-and music play is no exception! One way to keep the magic alive throughout your holiday season is to enjoy your favorite holiday music together as a family! Play it in the car or at home for some good old-fashioned "dance party" fun. Print out the lyrics the whole family sings along together. This always puts everyone in the holiday spirit!

singing

What song did your family dance and sing to today?

(P.S. Here are some musical instrument ideas to accompany your creative play!) 

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Replies (101-109):
frankiesma530
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM

My daughter has tons of instruments and is all about Boom Boom Pow.

SevenKisses
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM

We've been playing Christmas music all week!! It's actually playing right now lol.

LilJenn82
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM

All I want for christmas is u :-)

MrsNewman
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Here comes Santa Clause 

beeluvin
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Merry Christmas. I agree nothing gets me in the spirit of Christmas more than great Christmas music, we have been listening at home and in the car and singing. we will continue to do this everyday! we listen while we clean, bake, play ect... I notice that it calms everyone down. puts smiles on their little faces. the effect is truly magical.wreath

MomToTristan
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:41 AM
I put the music channel on every day for my 1yr old, he loves to dance!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToTristan
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:42 AM
My one year old likes the pop songs the best, but is starting to get into the Xmas ones too. He really likes grooving to rocking around the Xmas tree!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM
We sing Frosty the Snowman too!

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Both of my kids (ds 3 dd 5) love music they love singing and dancing my dd even wants to be a dancer when she grows up. My son walks around the house singing frosty the snowman and jingle bells. The other day my daughter was singing santa claus is coming to town I didnt even know she knew the words. I love listening to christmas music it gets me in the holiday spirit especially when it doesnt feel like december. Like how its been in the 60s for the last 4 days or so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbmema
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Have to play that music LOUD. Kids songs and Transiberian Ocestra.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN