Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creative Play Challenge Day 9: Play Your Holiday Tunes LOUD!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
  • 109 Replies
1 mom liked this

We love looking for ways to build key skills through play-and music play is no exception! One way to keep the magic alive throughout your holiday season is to enjoy your favorite holiday music together as a family! Play it in the car or at home for some good old-fashioned "dance party" fun. Print out the lyrics the whole family sings along together. This always puts everyone in the holiday spirit!

singing

What song did your family dance and sing to today?

(P.S. Here are some musical instrument ideas to accompany your creative play!) 

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM
We sing in the car together :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM

yep always!

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I need to find an xmas cd. We do listen to music daily, almost all day, but i need to find a christmas cd so she can learn the songs :)
IncognitoOne
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM

We do this a lot with whatever they're playing on the radio. Hairbrush microphones and icecream bucket drums and papertowel roll trumpets and all. 

myhandsomelove
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM
We don't do the xmas music, but he loves everything i hav eon my phone right now his favorite is Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson. He'll replay it all day. lol
eevers55
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

My husband can't stand Christmas music because he never had Christmas until he and I got married (Jewish, not neglect lol) But DD and I have regular dance parties to Glee music. She thinks it's great and dances all over the living room.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM

This morning the 12 year old was belting out "Santa Clause is Coming To Town" and she said, " making a wish, checking it twice", I was laughing so hard and she thought I was laughing at her singing, well that too, but I didn't want her to know, she'll figure out soon enough that she's not going to be the next star, I don't need to rain on her parade, and I do love her enthusiasm. I just told her I was happy that it was time for singing carols again, and that the correct words were "making a list", but that her version was a good one, too..  

steph21078
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM

There is always singing and dancing going on at our house.  My boys are involved in the local drama group, so they are always singing and dancing

mistync
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM
My dd LOVES to sing, so much that we got her a karaoke machine lol. So our house is pretty much always filled with music :)
Junesmommy18
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM
We do this everyday while I am cleaning. She loves jingle bells, Im dreaming of a white Christmas and (although its not a Holiday song) Ice Ice baby. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)